Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do You Think Charlie Austin Will Stay At QPR Next Season In The Championship?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do You Think Charlie Austin Will Stay At QPR Next Season In The Championship?

Will Chaz still be with us and banging in the goals next season? Will anyone meet our valuation or will he still be here?
    Please vote a simple Yes or No.
    YES
    20.83%
    NO
    79.17%

No we will wait until we have no time to replace him and it saves us money
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Could feature in 1 or 2 games and then be off in time for the window closing.

Comment

I think there is a chance, based on how the window is going now, so I voted yes, but I wouldn't be disappointed if it wasn't the case, so long as he went for above the 15 mil threshold.
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

No and the sooner he goes the better

Comment

I'm honestly not sure. Of course every player has those dreams of playing in the Champions League and featuring for a top club, and I can't hold that against Austin if he's the same way. At the same time though, he's a humble player with a humble background and I think he'd find it fulfilling to stay and become a club hero like Les Ferdinand. Beyond a bench sport for England, I don't see what he stands to gain in the short term from running off to Newcastle or Palace, and he'd have even less of a chance at a call-up if he was riding the bench for the scum.

If the business is done, so be it. But I have a funny feeling that Charlie might be terrorizing the Championship this season.

Comment

Too many clubs interested for him to stay imo. Would love him to tho.

Comment

No chance what so ever, teams will leave it till the last minute to test our resolve on the £15M fee, he'll walk and we will have no time to bring in anyone to cover

Comment

Hard to call as genuinely believe the club won't sell unless we get 15 mill.

My worry is a team will come in last minute for him when they start to panic and other targets haven't been achieved.

I just hope qpr have a cut off point that they make clear to Charlie and other teams that no matter what we don't sell him after the point or if someone does take him last minute and want to mess around it will cost them 20 mill plus

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
                    Could feature in 1 or 2 games and then be off in time for the window closing.
                    This. He will go at the end of August I reckon. Teams playing the long game hoping we will reduce our valuation of him IMO.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I'd personally love to see Charlie pick up a slight strain...might keep him out to 1st 2nd week in August. Keep him out the limelight until after the window

Comment

I'd love him to but imagine we receive an offer late they might accept it. It broke our hearts to see Remy go so late.

On the other hand, he has no release clause? Therefore we can just reject offers after a point surely?

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                          I'd personally love to see Charlie pick up a slight strain...might keep him out to 1st 2nd week in August. Keep him out the limelight until after the window
                          That's exactly what I was thinking!

Comment

Charlie Austin has been a humble professional up to this point and conducted his interviews etc very well. I still see him leaving within the next month, more likely once we are back from Italy. I would love it if he stayed, but I would rather get this whole situation over and done with now so we can move on.

Comment

He is west spam bound, and I would hate charlie to go to my 2nd hated club
                              You Rsssssss

Comment

Working...
                              X