Austin or Defoe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Austin or Defoe

Considering that we are willing to pay Defoe 90k a week according to some reports would it not be better to give it to young Charles, and find someone else on his present wage as another forward?
    Austin
    93.94%
    Defoe
    6.06%

The poll is expired.

My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

We won't pay £90k a week, nor should we.

Comment

If its as simple as that then yes... But these are just 'reports' about the 90k and didnt HR rubbish them of any way in a press conference last week?

But if its a case of Austin 'OR' Defoe. Its a no brainer... Austin.
      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Why can't we have both leading the line
        You Rsssssss

Comment

I think Defoe will come but it has to be Austin that starts every game for me and Austin isnt worth 90k yet but if he carries on he will be
          TWITTER
          @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
          Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

Play both of them, and use Zamora from the bench.
            However, I dont think Defoe will be on £90k pw.

Comment

I like Defoe and he is certainly a goalscorer however I don't think I'd play defoe in our team on current form.

Bobby Z is a big factor in the way Charlie is playing at the moment and with Vargas the livewire cutting in I wouldn't break up the current strike force.

For me Defoe would be a useful player to have but I don't think we need him. It's about survival and I have seen enough to think we will be fine. If we continue in the same fashion then what is the point of signing defoe on big wages when his goals will probably be a difference of finishing 9th instead of around 14th imo the premier league placings don't match the outlay
              I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

You do all realise that teams will soon put 2 men on Bobby one in front to snuff out what they see as our main attack option. We will need another striker
                and I'd have thought if we don't get any joy hitting BZ we would need a pacy striker.....just my guess/opinion

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                  Play both of them, and use Zamora from the bench.
                  However, I dont think Defoe will be on £90k pw.
                  I would go Steven Fletcher and Jordon Rhodes
                  Kept the faith!

Comment

I don´t like the fact that Leicester are after him. Hence; I would say buy him.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

What's the rumoured price tag on Defoe?
                      He will score goals, but wouldn't pay over the odds just to get him.
                      Would rather gamble on someone else, and sign Vargas on a perm in January instead.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRDave View Post
                        You do all realise that teams will soon put 2 men on Bobby one in front to snuff out what they see as our main attack option. We will need another striker
                        and I'd have thought if we don't get any joy hitting BZ we would need a pacy striker.....just my guess/opinion
                        That's bobbys job though, which will create space for other players. We showed against man city we are far from one dimensional.

Getting defoe is a bit of a luxury imo, a fantastic impact sub but would he come for that?

Comment

I havent seen it here, and im shy to say it, BUT vargas is the best all round player we have had at sheperds bush in decades.

Comment

Austin & neither Defoe or Austin will get anywhere near that wage
                            Under Les Ferdinand:
                            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                              I havent seen it here, and im shy to say it, BUT vargas is the best all round player we have had at sheperds bush in decades.
                              Yeah he looks the nads du chien, not sure why Napoli let him go to be honest.

Him and Isla make a pretty decent outfit on the right.

Comment

Working...
                              X