If you had a QPR domain name or handle the club wanted

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• If you had a QPR domain name or handle the club wanted

Would you sell it to them or give it free? Supposing they had an unused one they were never going to use for example, like QPRfun..., would you expect them to let you have it for nothing?
    Sell it to them
    56.10%
    Give it free
    43.90%

The poll is expired.

Sell of course, like the club sells stuff to me.
    Banning people is no longer my hobby,
    but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
    http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

What an odd question.
      I should probably write something insightful here

Comment

If I am totally honest and the club offered me a season ticket or a few tickets then they could have it but as I dont understand Twitter at all then it could be worth a lot more and I would be none the wiser

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
          Sell of course, like the club sells stuff to me.
          this. spot on.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
            this. spot on.
            Sounds about right to me. As long as both the club and I were being fair I don't think anyone could complain. Who would hold their own club to ransom anyway.

Comment

Sell it is a proper knob eds answer. Jerks that live on the internet grabbing up domains in other peoples names or company titles or trademarks to try and get a bit of attention or a tenner. Well done, take a bow nankids.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                Sell it is a proper knob eds answer... Well done, take a bow nankids.
                Well done for insulting your fellow-posters once again, take a bow James.
                Your usernames change like underwear, but you never change.

Comment

I aint james, dont even know who that is, but trust me i farking hate you alright you mug.

Comment

I aint james, dont even know who that is, but trust me i farking hate you alright you mug.
                    OK I guess you could not take a hint, now please take a break until after the Citeh match. Anyone can criticise anyone on this forum in a civilised manner and I get plenty criticism myself - and not one of such persons gets banned for that. But for hostility with insults aimed at fellow-posters people have been warned and, if warnings ignored, banned. This is how it works, or in your case - obviously never works.

Comment

Sell it is a proper knob eds answer. Jerks that live on the internet grabbing up domains in other peoples names or company titles or trademarks to try and get a bit of attention or a tenner. Well done, take a bow nankids.
                      hmm, to be fair, if someone has just bought them up to make money out of someone else then I tend to agree with you that it is bad form, but if I had a domain that I'd bought in good faith and was using it or intended to use it in the same way then why shouldn't I get a few quid for it? I'm not talking thousands but why not a few QPR related goodies to compensate me for having to change my plans, redo my site, etc?

Comment

I hear the holiday.com domain is gonna sell for something stupid like 10mil...!

This is a similar question to the one posed when someone asked if the CarGiant fella should sell his land off on the cheap cos he's a QPR fan. I'd hold out for as much as possible personally.

Comment

three different fields here:

a) a fan has picked a QPR related name to run a specific website in the field of QPR - like "wearetherangersboys". QPR as a club decide to have a marketing drive to promote themselves/fans/adverts/generate money for the club/etc/etc/etc. They approach the fan. IMO: Fan is entitled to sell, make some money, drive a bargain, but when the club reach the max of what they're will to offer the fan should sell. Much like the club does with us: put tickets/shirts at the highest price possible before people refuse to buy it (granteed some fans are put out of the market sooner than others for income reasons, but if there are fans still buying goods at a higher price, the club will charge it)

b) a fan sets up a name relating to QPR in the hope that the club will buy it. IMO: that's fair game. The club put out and create merchandise in the hope that fans will buy it. If they don't, they don't. If they do, the club makes a bit more money. Same with the name - if the club want it, offer a fair price.

c) a no-one has bought a range of club based names QPRfun, FulhamFun, ChelseaFun, CityFun, UnitedFun and waits for a club to come buy him out. That there is a businessman and is in it for money. IMO: The club need to move on and not buy that domain.

Essentially, if it's a fan they should sell up at the top price the club are happy to pay. A fan shouldn't refused the highest offer the QPR put out there - if the club wanted it that much then they would offer their maximum. A fan shouldn't turn their nose up at that.

This CarGiant guy, is he actually a true fan fan or did he just follow up and have a box and all with us for businesses? He sounds like a businessman first, then a fan.

Comment

Originally posted by Lunar Jetman View Post
                            hmm, to be fair, if someone has just bought them up to make money out of someone else then I tend to agree with you that it is bad form, but if I had a domain that I'd bought in good faith and was using it or intended to use it in the same way then why shouldn't I get a few quid for it? I'm not talking thousands but why not a few QPR related goodies to compensate me for having to change my plans, redo my site, etc?
                            1. To sign up to twitter and facebook is free, anyone can sign up as many times as they wish with as name name tags as they want?

2. He's domain name is "qprreport" and not "qpr", "qpr" is the club he supports but this can be questioned?

3. He already has a twitter account by the name of "qprreport" and registered a second "qpr" for free, it didn't cost a penny.

4. The twitter handle "qpr" was not being used by him, although he had it. (wasted)

5. The most impotant thing is what Isleworthranger said in another post "And stuffing up some potential club media plans for all of the fanbase who use Twitter of course to make a quick Doller".

6. If this was someone else he would have been going on about it all day and everyday.

If "qpr" was his own domain name and one which he paid for, but it's non of them. He's site is "qprreport" with twitter handle "qprreport", so why not give the club "@qpr"?

The CarGiant guy has invested in he's own business, he's had to work for it and it's completely different, he needs to get the highest bid.
                            Last edited by Sandy Flash; 06-11-2014, 01:22 PM.
                            Stand and Deliver!

Comment

Originally posted by Sandy Flash View Post
                              1. To sign up to twitter and facebook is free, anyone can sign up as many times as they wish with as name name tags as they want?

2. He's domain name is "qprreport" and not "qpr", "qpr" is the club he supports but this can be questioned?

3. He already has a twitter account by the name of "qprreport" and registered "qpr" for free.

4. The twitter handle "qpr" was not being used by him, although he had it. (wasted)

5. The most impotant thing is what Isleworthranger said in another post "And stuffing up some potential club media plans for all of the fanbase who use Twitter of course to make a quick Doller".

6. If this was someone else he would have been going on about it all day and everyday.

If "qpr" was his own domain name and one which he paid for, but it's non of them. He's site is "qprreport" with twitter handle "qprreport", so why not give the club "@qpr"?

The CarGiant guy has invested in he's own business, he's had to work for it and it's completely different, he needs to get the highest bid.
                              QPR can apply to Twitter to get the name @qpr transferred to them if they so wish. They can claim that someone is running it when it should belong to the club. Based on what I've seen before I think they have a reasonable case to get it. If it was @barclays or @sainsburys and it was an individual the organisations in question would be within their rights to get them if someone was running the handles to promote Barclays or Sainsburys related things. Same thing for QPR.

QPR don't seem to have done that though. Why?

Comment

Working...
                              X