Should fans boycott the cups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by qprvoyager10 View Post
    Yea but the difference for us is that this has been going on for at least a decade. Something is not right
    At least we're consistent.

Pointless boycotting the cups. It's not as if the club actually gain any revenue from them.....

Comment

There is literally no gain for playing all the extra games, inc. a two leg semi final, apart from something I stick in the cabinet.
      I want us doing things to put us in better stead for the following season.

Zamoras goal wasn't great to me because we lifted something at wembley, it was great because it meant we were promoted. We could have waved around half a loaf of bread at the top on the steps at wembley for all I care.

If there is no reason why a player would get himself up for a cup run that will not benefit him or the team bar increase his selling price if that's what's on his mind.

Comment

Think the club should have the decency to come out and tell us that the days of dreaming about cup glory at Wembley, are for us, sadly at least, well and truly over.
        Will be a very sad day indeed, if a mid-table finish in the premiership becomes the ultimate success we can reasonably expect.

Comment

I don't generally bother with the cup games to be honest. I got fed up with us getting beaten by lower league opposition and paying extra on top of my season ticket for it. If they included a game or two as part of the season ticket I might change my mind but until then I can't justify spending extra cash on tickets to watch what effectively has become our reserve/tinkering team.

Its not just under HR, its been like this for years....

Comment

Cups do mean something to the players - they love winning . it's the early rounds of the cup against lower league clubs that they don't like very much.

I agree with the point about playing these games after the transfr window has closed though. Perhaps some fringe players don't make much effort in case they get injured and miss out on a move. I would also like to see the cup start in Oct and end in March.

As for QPR's recent record, they have no real excuses because this has been going on for a number of years now. The management at the club over the years have got to take the blame for much of this.

Look at Arsenal and Man Utd as examples, even though Wenge and Ferguson often fielded youth and reserve players, they often went on good cup runs. Why is it that their young and fringe players can be motivated whilst many players at QPR and other clubs can't be asked.

Stability in management would help as they could build a club with a very good ethos running through it's very teams.

QPR need a good solid long term strategy. Perhaps Redknapp can start putting together a younger set of coaches and assistants to help build an academy that will instill a sound solid ethos at the club like many clubs around England and Europe do. QPR need young players who are hungry for success and are willing to work hard to achieve this and not some money grabbing mercenaries.

As for last night's team, I really can't explain it.

How could a team like that be so poor?

mixch of that team was the team that started last season so well. Simpson, Onuoha, Dunne, Hill were part of the defence that set a club record of not conceding a goal. Faulin Henry Hoilett were also regulars.
            Apparently Taarabt was one of only a handful to impress Redknapp last night and others he said showed little and will not feature in his team so should look to move on. Quite possibly he meant players like SWP and Henry and possibly Faurlin, Hoilett and Phillips.

Comment

I voted yes but realistically they won't
              TWITTER
              @alanfullerqpr

FACEBOOK
              Alan Fuller

QPR IS MY LIFE.

Comment

There must be a fair few supporters who already boycott these matches, myself included, that have come to the conclusion that it seems quite obvious our current seasons have been about promotion/relegation priorities. I really can't understand why people bother with these games. If we finish quite comfortably for a couple of seasons, then you could expect a following season cup run, but until that happens, no.

Fans should wise up and not believe the cr*p some managers will talk about these competitions. They have to say that or they will charged by the FA. It made me laugh on one of the MOTD programmes it was mentioned that Steve Bruce was apparently quite upset his team had early exited the Europa Cup. A definite relegation threatened team

Comment

Yes thats right lets not go to cup games ....CAUSE its only money ...jesus

Comment

Working...
                  X