Should fans boycott the cups?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Should fans boycott the cups?

Whether we are playing well in the league or not, we always for probably the last 10 years have been a joke in the cup competitions. Constantly getting beaten against lower teams. All teams have been shocked in cup but I think we probably have 1 of the worst records in last 10 years. That says the club is disrespecting the fans but playing unacceptable football in the cups. Fans spending money to turn up to what I think we treat as a friendly. So should fans boycott the cup games, make the club lose money, to teach them they can't keep disrespecting the fans like this???
    Yes
    60.61%
    No
    39.39%

The poll is expired.

'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Club should give fans free tickets to this kind of game

Comment

boycott, players not worth cheering on, no heart

Comment

I love the cups but if the club can't be bothered then why should the fans? Yes.
        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by dsqpr View Post
          I love the cups but if the club can't be bothered then why should the fans? Yes.
          Totally agree. 10 years at least of this is showing they can't be bothered
          'The problem with quotes on the internet is you don't know if they are authentic' - Abraham Lincoln

Comment

Cups mean nothing anyway - from a professional point of view
            Sure as fans we'd love to see us lift a trophy, go on a run, but there is no glory for next season.
            In previous decades you'd earn a good bit of money and they could get you another player or so. With nowadays money it means nothing.
            May get to Europe winning the fa cup but that too is pointless: for a top club they will probably be in UCL and for a lower team it burdens them with extra games

The only benefit is team morale.

We lack it it seems

Comment

They just a run out for the lost and forgotten.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                Sure as fans we'd love to see us lift a trophy, go on a run, but there is no glory for next season.
                In previous decades you'd earn a good bit of money and they could get you another player or so. With nowadays money it means nothing.
                May get to Europe winning the fa cup but that too is pointless: for a top club they will probably be in UCL and for a lower team it burdens them with extra games

The only benefit is team morale.

We lack it it seems
                But fans are paying to watch that though. It means something to the fans.

Comment

The players seem to boycott the cups
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                    The players seem to boycott the cups
                    I was gonna post ..."why not the club does!!"

Comment

teams like burton , mk dons and rochdale are never going to win the cup but they give their all and play to win . burton are unbeaten and going for promotion but showed more passion and fight they didn't play a weakened team

Comment

If I have counted correctly there were 12 Premier clubs in this round of the cup and 6 lost. This would be exciting if it wasn't for the fact that we know none of these teams played their first team

The cup gives the smaller teams a chance to make some money, so boycotting the cups will only affect them. The big clubs find the cup (especially the Capital One to be a nuisance).

The only way this will change is if the way the cup is run changes.

1) Why have two cups?
                        2) Why have the second round of the cup the third week of the season. Transfers are not yet completed and teams don't want to risk first team players.

I think that there should be one cup, which starts say in November and is on a Saturday.

Teams should be made to play their first team. You might say that this is not possible, but they simply have a rule that there can only be so many changes from the team who played the previous Saturday. If they claim that somebody is injured, then that person cannot play the next Saturday. This should be the rule for all of the rounds of the cup.
                        Last edited by jmelanie; 27-08-2014, 11:15 PM.

Comment

Better to boycott Sky as it's there fault.

Everything is premier league now due to the money, 17th is more important to clubs than winning a cup. With the FA ****ing up the FA cup by changing the traditions and the FL ****ing about promoting conference teams every year the history is leaving the game.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR_NW10 View Post
                            Yeah, players hate to win things....!!?

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
                              If I have counted correctly there were 12 Premier clubs in this round of the cup and 6 lost. This would be exciting if it wasn't for the fact that we know none of these teams played their first team

The cup gives the smaller teams a chance to make some money, so boycotting the cups will only affect them. The big clubs find the cup (especially the Capital One to be a nuisance).

The only way this will change is if the way the cup is run changes.

1) Why have two cups?
                              2) Why have the second round of the cup the third week of the season. Transfers are not yet completed and teams don't want to risk first team players.

I think that there should be one cup, which starts say in November and is on a Saturday.

Teams should be made to play their first team. You might say that this is not possible, but they simply have a rule that there can only be so many changes from the team who played the previous Saturday. If they claim that somebody is injured, then that person cannot play the next Saturday. This should be the rule for all of the rounds of the cup.
                              Yea but the difference for us is that this has been going on for at least a decade. Something is not right

Comment

Working...
                              X