So whats a good result from the First Leg

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So whats a good result from the First Leg

Given there is no away goals rule there is actually no benefit other then a goal in the bag from scoring away from home

Ideally we come away with a lead but is a draw or even a loss by the odd goal that bad bringing them back under the lights at the Bush??

What are others views??

Personally would take a draw now with the second leg at home
    Win of course, why procrastinate
    62.50%
    Draw, would be calmer going into the second leg
    37.50%
    Loss by a single goal, then they will be complacent and we will trounce them at LR
    0.00%
    Won't make any difference after the second leg
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

a draw or a loss by one goal wouldn't be the end of the world would it? Plus you know how we do things the hard way so I'm expecting us not be leading going into that second game.

Comment

Anything but a defeat,think we will beat them at home so just avoid a loss up there.

Comment

It would be great if we come to Loftus Road level at least, I would hate for us to have to be clawing back from a goal or two down!
        @gatorTFC

Comment

as long as we are in with a chance, ie not 3-0 down. Chelsea thought they done the hard bit coming away from Madrid level, only to get a tonking at home
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

0-5 ?!!!

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
              as long as we are in with a chance, ie not 3-0 down. Chelsea thought they done the hard bit coming away from Madrid level, only to get a tonking at home
              Problem there is Champs League works on away goals but play offs does not so nil nil in play offs is better then nil nil in champions league

Comment

1-0 loss or anything better

Comment

I reckon we must get a draw at least. It will give that added psychological edge.

Comment

a draw at least.....

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      Problem there is Champs League works on away goals but play offs does not so nil nil in play offs is better then nil nil in champions league
                      what I was trying to say was even if we beat them 2-0 at theirs, they are good enough to reverse that at ours. Personally think they are the best side in the play-offs
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I really think, and hope we go for a win in both games. There are no guarantees it will be easier at home, both games should be considered as opportunities to shake them off our tail.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                          what I was trying to say was even if we beat them 2-0 at theirs, they are good enough to reverse that at ours. Personally think they are the best side in the play-offs
                          Sorry mate misunderstood you

I would have agreed with them being the best four to six weeks ago but they have really gone off the boil since we turned them over and would say all four in the play offs are much of a muchness; theres not a stand out team in my view

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            a draw at least.....
                            Does the 'at least' mean you'll go off on one on here if we lose....????

Comment

Ideal. Austin goes through on goal after Boyce slips. Habsi?? Comes out and cleans him out, we get penalty an their keeper gets sent off. We then go 1 up and control the rest of possession and score another late on for 2-0 lead into 2nd leg.... Well if carlsberg

Comment

Working...
                              X