Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Will QPR Make The Play Offs Poll? Simple Yes Or No!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will QPR Make The Play Offs Poll? Simple Yes Or No!

After the recent slump in form, and automatic being near on an impossibility now. Do you think we will make the play off places. Please vote, its just a YES or NO. Thanks.
    Yes.
    73.45%
    No.
    26.55%

Why is there a trend for public polls? Not sure as many people will vote as it gives ammunition for criticism. It's not as simple as yes or no because anything can happen one way or the other to teams around us. Where is the 'Don't know' option which is realistic? You could run this every week and get different answers.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
      Why is there a trend for public polls? Not sure as many people will vote as it gives ammunition for criticism. It's not as simple as yes or no because anything can happen one way or the other to teams around us. Where is the 'Don't know' option which is realistic? You could run this every week and get different answers.
      Want to mark the date, 4th of march in fourth position with a game in hand, and see whos right, the happy clappers who think where we are is where we will stay, or the doom mongers who are in utter misery at the moment who are certain we will not make the play offs and say so in every thread. Want to see whether its better to happy or gloomy come season end.

Comment

We will. May not be pretty up till we get some boys back from injury, but we should have enough winnable games till then to see it through.

Comment

Well, for every club in every league around the world, and in every sport, doom mongers will prevail overall. Only one club can win any title, cup etc. In the prem for example, any one of five can win it. So four of those clubs mongers will be right, won't they? If mongers go with the herd, they're most likely to be right. And people like to impress people with their predictions so they can say ,'I was right'.

It's all about being right, and it takes priority over your own, or whatever team you belong to it seems. There are 10 teams atm that could make the playoffs, down to leeds in 12th. So 4 will be right and 6 will be wrong, even more wrong if this question was asked at every club at the start of any season in our league. Probably 20 would say we won't make playoffs or promotion. 14 will be right and 6 wrong. See what I mean?
          Last edited by Olly; 04-03-2014, 11:14 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Greengrass View Post
            Well, for every club in every league around the world, and in every sport, doom mongers will prevail overall. Only one club can win any title, cup etc. In the prem for example, any one of five can win it. So four of those clubs mongers will be right, won't they? If mongers go with the herd, they're most likely to be right. And people like to impress people with their predictions so they can say ,'I was right'.

It's all about being right, and it takes priority over your own, or whatever team you belong to it seems. There are 10 teams atm that could make the playoffs, down to leeds in 12th. So 4 will be right and 6 will be wrong, even more wrong if this question was asked at every club at the start of any season in our league. Probably 20 would say we won't make playoffs or promotion. 14 will be right and 6 wrong. See what I mean?
            Weird thing is, most people believe in their own team, even if a bit naively. We are in a great position and have been all season. Id would rather be us than any other club below sixth position, but others on here would prefer to be in the clubs positions who are not even on the top six like wigan, watford, brighton and birmingham.
            Last edited by Kevin Mcleod; 04-03-2014, 11:29 AM.

Comment

Ah, but being a monger gives you bragging rights, it's an ego thing, more important than your club, it's all about 'me being right'. All positive fans will be slaughtered at the end of the season if we don't go up. At this moment in time I want us to go up, but like most, can't see where the points are going to come from.

Comment

I say "NO"

We're gonna go on a run and clinch second auto place!!

Comment

cant see us buying a win from anywhere

Comment

Back to winning ways this Saturday, 2-0 rangers

Comment

Of course we will make the playoffs and I will marry a supermodel.
                      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                        Of course we will make the playoffs and I will marry a supermodel.
                        Technically we havent got to make them, we have just got to stay in them like we have done all season. But you must know more than me and that we will fall out of the play off positions for the first time this season at some stage and then stay out.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevin Mcleod View Post
                          Technically we havent got to make them, we have just got to stay in them...
                          Well, super-duper technically we do still need to make them, as in: be in a playoff spot in the FINAL league table, which is not the current league table unfortunately, as there is this silly little technicality of playing about a dozen more matches. Bummer, I know.
                          Banning people is no longer my hobby,
                          but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
                          http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Originally posted by Kirill View Post
                            Well, super-duper technically we do still need to make them, as in: be in a playoff spot in the FINAL league table, which is not the current league table unfortunately, as there is this silly little technicality of playing about a dozen more matches. Bummer, I know.
                            Didnt mention the final, just said the play offs. And i should of put the correct term, will we stay in the play off positions where we have been ALL SEASON.

Comment

No, very unlikely, little real chance of finishing higher than 8th or 9th. Redknapp may use injuries to his aging crocks as an excuse, and I accept Fernandes naivete etc, but its really down to 'arry. Just like last year was primarily down to Hughes, although again, Tony's/Beard's inexperience didn't help matters. Hughes is bad, but not that bad. To be fair I thought Stoke would finish Hughes premiership career by finishing bottom this year, looks like I was wrong. So maybe we have to share the blame around and that means the board have to take some blame much as I like Tony. Still wish the Flab had sold to Amit.
                              Last edited by bushkangaroo; 04-03-2014, 12:39 PM. Reason: misstype

Comment

Working...
                              X