Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's easy to fill a 40k stadium if it's priced right. Please read the post first

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• It's easy to fill a 40k stadium if it's priced right. Please read the post first

In the prem? 40,000 tickets at an average price of £15 a game brings in £11,400,000 a season. Say £14 for
    ST holders (£266 per season) and £18 for WU's. I'm basing it on 30,000 ST holders and 10,000 WU's per game. Please don't tell me we can't sell 30,000 ST's at £266. I think our gate revenue was about 7m to 8m 2011-2012?

QPR financial results
    Main Discussion - Norwich City
    QPR financial results
    shefcanary 07/03/2013, 9:46 AM

Apologies for this, but here's another fascinating comparison of how well McNally and Smith & Jones have been doing on the management of the club. Swiss Ramble has been posting his summary of QPaRse's financial results for last season on Twitter.

#QPR 2012 results have been published: a loss before tax of £22.6m, which is a small improvement on 2011 loss of £25.4m. The impact of promotion to Premier League is clear in #QPR 2012 results with revenue rising from £16.2m to £64.0m. Unfortunately #QPR do not analyse the £64m revenue, but we know they got £43.3m from Premier League TV deal, while gate receipts were £7.7m.
    30,000 x £14 x 19 weeks = £7,980,000
    10,000 x £18 x 19 weeks = £3,420,000
    Total............................£11,400,000
    13,000 - 16,000
    0.00%
    17,000 - 20,000
    10.67%
    21,000 - 24,000
    22.67%
    25,000 - 28,000
    29.33%
    29,000 - 32,000
    21.33%
    33,000 - 36,000
    9.33%
    37,000 - 40,000
    6.67%

The poll is expired.

easiest way to fill a 40,000 seater stadium . Ground share with Chelsea ,this is where we are heading ,be careful what you wish for
    Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

This is looking like a thread for some of our more delusional fans

17-20k Rangers fans stop kidding yourself otherwise the rest would be tourists and I for one would rather not go down that road

Comment

£15 a ticket?! place would be full of Somalians, gypos and tourists...

Comment

Originally posted by W12_Ranger View Post
          This is looking like a thread for some of our more delusional fans

17-20k Rangers fans stop kidding yourself otherwise the rest would be tourists and I for one would rather not go down that road
          Up to 20k Rangers fans, good start. Now then, the likes of Spurs Chelsea WHU Man Utd and Arsenal would easily bring 10k, which could be the away allocation for clubs if we're in the prem. That brings us up to 30k.

I would guess that most London clubs attract a certain amount of the tourist brigade, and also sell hospitality packages, and this would certainly apply to us being based in London at a new stadium. 10% of the new stadium's capacity could be given over for this. This brings us up to 34k.

This leaves just 6k for the expansion of the fan base, which would almost certainly happen playing in the prem in a new stadium. If we become an established prem club playing good football, it would introduce a new generation of supporter to the club. Remember, it isn't just about the here and now, it's about the next 50 years and beyond.

So then, 26k Rangers, 10k away fans, 4k tourists/hospitality.

A risk yes, but if as you say we have up to 20k fans, adding in away supporters takes us well over the halfway mark already.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

nobody brings 10,000 away anymore-even local derbies.
            PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

On Talksh1te now, Stan Collymore on about the price of replica shirts, FULL Nike blank kit for amateur teams £22.50 ......... Arseanal Ozil shirt £71-50 , whole Shebang a fans fleecing exercise so don't kid yourself seats would be anywhere near that cheap
              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Play off final at the millennium stadium gate was 66,096 personally I believe we have a better following than are gates suggest and that's through price, facility's and lots of other factors so reducing the price of season tickets and match day tickets you may well be surprised
                Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

Originally posted by bushcelt1 View Post
                  nobody brings 10,000 away anymore-even local derbies.
                  It depends on what ticket allocation other clubs give. If Arsenal offered Spurs 10k tickets, do you not think they'd be sold? Same with Spurs offering Chelsea 10k.

Comment

Does anyone seriously want 10"000 away fans ??? I remember the 80s and having loftus rd full of Chelsea ,spurs etc The less away fans the better in my opinion, make it as hostile as possible
                    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      Does anyone seriously want 10"000 away fans ??? I remember the 80s and having loftus rd full of Chelsea ,spurs etc The less away fans the better in my opinion, make it as hostile as possible
                      At £40 a throw, it's half a million a game with drinks and food etc, close to £10m a season. Not to be sniffed at.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                        It depends on what ticket allocation other clubs give. If Arsenal offered Spurs 10k tickets, do you not think they'd be sold? Same with Spurs offering Chelsea 10k.
                        doubt they would sell 10,000 these days and even if 2/3 clubs were able to fill that many it doesn't justify us building such a big stadium to accommadate away fans.
                        28-30k max at a push.
                        PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

but that would mean playing in a small stadium
                          Football played the Charlie Ferris way

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                            Up to 20k Rangers fans, good start. Now then, the likes of Spurs Chelsea WHU Man Utd and Arsenal would easily bring 10k, which could be the away allocation for clubs if we're in the prem. That brings us up to 30k.

I would guess that most London clubs attract a certain amount of the tourist brigade, and also sell hospitality packages, and this would certainly apply to us being based in London at a new stadium. 10% of the new stadium's capacity could be given over for this. This brings us up to 34k.

This leaves just 6k for the expansion of the fan base, which would almost certainly happen playing in the prem in a new stadium. If we become an established prem club playing good football, it would introduce a new generation of supporter to the club. Remember, it isn't just about the here and now, it's about the next 50 years and beyond.

So then, 26k Rangers, 10k away fans, 4k tourists/hospitality.

A risk yes, but if as you say we have up to 20k fans, adding in away supporters takes us well over the halfway mark already.
                            Would that be a good thing for you then 10k Chelsea fans making up a 30k attendance ?

You really come across as an absolute wally at times

Comment

with you on this mate.
                              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Working...
                              X