Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

One for Nasser's little book

Collapse
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts

  • #31
    Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
    While you're at it, go ahead and call Shaun Derry a "decent midfielder" at this level, that guy never scored.
    To be fair, Derry was a decent midfielder at this level. His partnership with Faurlin was the basis of why his game went up a notch when he was with us though (IMO) - they had a great understanding.

    Comment


    • #32
      Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
      To be fair, Derry was a decent midfielder at this level. His partnership with Faurlin was the basis of why his game went up a notch when he was with us though (IMO) - they had a great understanding.
      I get what you mean, but at the same time there's a reason players and fans rated him in our top 3 players that season. Also, while we're at it, Faurlin never did score many if any goals and I'd say he's one of the best midfielders this division has seen, even if he only played 2 consistent and 1 semi consistent season.
      "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

      Comment


      • #33
        Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
        I get what you mean, but at the same time there's a reason players and fans rated him in our top 3 players that season. Also, while we're at it, Faurlin never did score many if any goals and I'd say he's one of the best midfielders this division has seen, even if he only played 2 consistent and 1 semi consistent season.


        Can't agree with that Nas

        Comment


        • #34
          Luango is good but best midfielder in the league I'm not sure... Lansbury, Shelvey, Cairney and Kayal for me. There all better than Luango IMO but he is young and is the best player we have. Hopefully we can keep hold of him.
          C'Mon You Supaaaa!!

          Comment


          • #35
            Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
            Shelvey also scores some crackers.
            Scores some crackers against our midfield who thought he was Messi funny that the week after we played them they lost and the other side closed him down, may be that our master tactician JFH cant work that out ?

            also probably we crap at home and were in awe of a joe average newcastle side managed by a better manager ?

            just my observation

            Comment


            • #36
              Originally posted by Hove Ranger View Post


              Can't agree with that Nas
              Had it not been for that first injury, you'd probably have seen him play for Arsenal for a few years, that January there were suggestions of a 15mil move for Faurlin. That's how good he was. Taarabt was afforded so much freedom because of the work put in by Derry and Faurlin. Without those two doing the gritty work and spraying passes, we wouldn't have seen one of the best individual seasons in the league's history.
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

              Comment


              • #37
                Nasser are you paid per word? Pains me to say but I agree with you about faurlin, could control a top premier league match in his prime and was a class act
                I played sunday league football today.

                Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                Comment


                • #38
                  Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                  Nasser are you paid per word? Pains me to say but I agree with you about faurlin, could control a top premier league match in his prime and was a class act
                  I find myself typing really quickly and it makes me think I'm not typing as much as I actually am haha.
                  "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                  Comment


                  • #39
                    Well you play your keyboard like a piano, take a deep breathe occasionally
                    I played sunday league football today.

                    Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                    I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                    We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                    Comment


                    • #40
                      Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                      Well you play your keyboard like a piano, take a deep breathe occasionally
                      Essays. I like the fellas input at times but fk me he'd put a glass eye to sleep

                      Comment


                      • #41
                        Originally posted by nasser95 View Post

                        And here's the one for this season:


                        Three of the top ten best performing midfielders (stats wise) are Aussies. Not bad.

                        Comment


                        • #42
                          He's moving on up after today. Hourihane got a 6.3 and Shelvey got a 7.4. Our golden boy Mass got an 8.1. Marathon, not a sprint.
                          "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                          Comment


                          • #43
                            Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
                            He's moving on up after today. Hourihane got a 6.3 and Shelvey got a 7.4. Our golden boy Mass got an 8.1. Marathon, not a sprint.
                            You're right - into second now.

                            Comment


                            • #44
                              personall i hope ollie will sell him for 5 million in jan and by some brilliant goalscoreing winger
                              Click here to view my blog.

                              More...

                              Comment


                              • #45
                                Originally posted by qprted View Post
                                personall i hope ollie will sell him for 5 million in jan and by some brilliant goalscoreing winger
                                5 Mil would be an embarrassingly low amount. Wouldn't consider selling him at all, we've got solid wingers and we may not be playing standard wingers anymore for all we know.
                                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                X