Port Vale Carling Cup Preview
Tuesday 10th August 2010
Loftus Road Stadium
Carling Cup First Round
Kick-off: 19:45
Referee: G J Sutton
Queens Park Rangers (Championship) V Port Vale (League Two)
By The Godfather

In his BBC London interview on Saturday evening, Neil Warnock stated that he would be resting players for the Carling Cup First Round tie. This is perfectly understandable given that a difficult trip to Sheffield United lies ahead. Nevertheless, I am sure that Tuesday night's match will be an interesting encounter.

More...

QPR v Barnsley Match Report
Npower Football League Championship
Saturday 7th August 2010
Loftus Road Stadium
Referee: J J Linington
Attendance: 13,445
Queens Park Rangers 4-0 Barnsley

By The Godfather

Queens Park Rangers starting line-up: Kenny, Orr, Hill, Derry, Hall, Taraabt, Helguson, Faurlin, Mackie, Gorkss, Ephraim.

Barnsley starting line-up: Steele, Hassell, McEveley, Shackell, Doyle, Foster, Lovre, Devaney, Hammill, Colace, Gray.

On Saturday I left Loftus Road feeling very excited about the season ahead. This was by no means a tremendous performance as the 4-0 scoreline might suggest, but there were some really promising signs in almost every department. I noticed that there was a real sense of belief and determination amongst the players, evidence of the impact that Neil Warnock has made. Of course, there are areas for improvement, an example being the lack of a quality goalscorer, but it is clear that there has been so much progress. Let us hope that it continues.

More...