Monday 5th April 2010
The Coca Cola Championship
The Walkers Stadium
Referee: T Kettle
Kick-off: 15:00
Leicester City (6th) V Queens Park Rangers (18th)
By The Godfather

With two fixtures in the space of a couple of days, I hope you excuse the fact that this is a shorter match preview than usual. After a disappointing result against a very poor Sheffield Wednesday side on Saturday afternoon, the Rs now face a very difficult game at play-off candidates, Leicester City. A defeat could see Warnock's men well and truly sucked into the relegation battle.

Leicester looked very impressive in the fixture at Loftus Road earlier in the campaign. Their victory put an end to that wonderful run of four-goal victories that the Rs enjoyed under Jim Magilton. With a very talented manager in Nigel Pearson, and a number of quality players, I am not surprised that the Foxes have established themselves as play-off challengers this season.

However, City could be vulnerable on Monday afternoon. They have lost their last four matches against Reading, Derby, Cardiff and West Brom. As a consequence, their play-off position is in doubt, with the Foxes only one point ahead of 7th-placed Blackpool.

With Matty Fryatt out injured, Martyn Waghorn is likely to be Leicester's main attacking threat. I remember the 20 year-old absolutely tearing the Rs' defence apart in the fixture at Loftus Road. Let's hope that the striker, who is on loan from Sunderland, isn't so successful on Easter Monday. He has scored nine goals this season.

Experienced forward, Steve Howard, could partner Waghorn in attack. The 33 year-old enjoyed successful spells with Luton and Derby before joining the Foxes in 2008. Howard often acts as a target-man and will no doubt provide an aerial threat against Queens Park Rangers.

In midfield, Leicester are likely to rely on Richie Wellens for creativity. A player of immense talent, the 30 year-old joined the Foxes from Doncaster last summer. He has since made a profound impact at the Walkers Stadium, playing a key part in the team's success this season.

Club captain, Matt Oakley, could provide a very stern test for the likes of Leigertwood and Faurlin in the middle of the park. The 32 year-old has bags of experience both in the Premiership and the Championship, having played for Southampton (1994-2006) and Derby County (2006-08).

Prediction

I have no doubt that this is going to be a very tough fixture for Warnock's men. Nigel Pearson will be viewing this as an excellent opportunity for his side to get back to winning ways. Rangers cannot afford to make defensive errors here - and I hope that they convert a higher proportion of the chances they create than they did on Saturday. In my view, the Rs are capable of battling out a valuable point, providing that they produce a decent performance.

Leicester City 1-1 Queens Park Rangers