The welcome return of that familiar roar sounded after Queens Park Rangers secured their first league win of 2010.

It was a win that hopefully marked a change in fortune for the west-London club, who have struggled for form since the departure of Jim Magilton.

Of course it is covered ground that Flavio Briatore was damaging the club inside out so maybe now without Mr Briatore calling his egocentric shots, this could be a genuine time of stability for the club with the Mittal family as majority shareholders.

Will they show some ambition in the next managerial appointment?

Which brings me to the next point Mick Harford, as genuine and affable a gentleman he may well be, it is very questionable whether or not he deserves the job, even in a short term capacity as it could be damaging in regards to our immediate plight down the league table.

The win on Saturday is nothing more than a short term solution and all it has done is paper over the cracks the fear relegation for another week, a week where we should look to appoint a manager for the long term, a manger that will make the players play with passion and commitment.

Many of the national papers have rumoured Neil Warnock to be the next manager at QPR, the story has gathered momentum over the past few weeks and if Palace’s league performances of late are indication, then it has had an unsettling affect on their team.

Fuelling the story was Warnock’s refusal to comment on speculation after Saturdays match against Coventry, maybe a reaction of boredom and frustration to the repetitive nature of some journalist’s inquisitive approach or was he simply playing it safe?

For me Neil Warnock is everything this club needs. He would restore a fighting spirit to the team that has been severely lacking for a long time and the pathetic cries of player power would certainly fall on deaf ears. That is for sure.

He would turn Loftus Road into fortress and many a club will not enjoy visiting to play Neil Warnock’s QPR, that sort of bunker mentality has not been seen since the days of John Gregory and before him, Ian Holloway.

The football under Warnock may not be as attractive as Magilton’s expansive brand but it’s far more effective for THIS division and will get results. Warnock’s use of developing young players into first teamers will excite many fans seeing as it is evident as a club we have not produced regulars from the youth ranks consistently for some time.

Talented youngsters waiting in the wings like Antonio German, Angelo Balanta, Josh Parker, Romone Rose, and the overstated Raheem Stirling could be given chances to prove themselves, and in some respects as a fan I find it more rewarding watching a player we have developed break into the team.

If Warnock is not appointed there are other managers out there who could do a job. Managers like Curbishley and Coppell who have been continuously mentioned would be more than welcome appointments.

All the fans really want is that statement of intent, a sign of ambition from the board which has been clearly missing with the appointments of Hart, Magilton and Dowie.

Even though given time I believe Dowie may have done a decent job. The board need to appoint a manager now who will be here in at least two years time and provide a sense of stability which has been clearly absent since the reign of Flavio. The players crave it and the fans certainly do.

More communication is needed between the board and the fans so that the current vacuum between the two is abolished. If the fans are informed of the goings on within the club they are able to relate to the mistakes as well as the successes that the new board will encounter.

To quote the new chairman Ishan Saksena “I must also express my gratitude to all our fans, who are the real owners of the club. I feel a real responsibility to repay their loyalty and intend to do all I can to bring the great days back to Loftus Road."

Let’s hope he is true to word and now look forward to what is hopefully the start of a new era at Loftus Road.