I am shocked that QPR have not been taking a look at Jermaine Beckford in recent seasons. The Leeds striker has been scoring for fun in the last 18 months and his stock has certainly rose in recent weeks after bagging the winner at Old Trafford in the FA Cup.

Though he has been untried above League One level I bet many Championship clubs have been sniffing around him and I would have liked QPR to be one of those – as I think he would have been a gamble worth taking.

He is out of contract at the end of the season and will probably move on, with a number of clubs being linked with him from both the Championship and the Premier League.

Everton are the latest club after his signature and I would not be quick to write off their interest as merely tabloid gossip, as the experts from Betfair Front Room have done.

I can see Moyes taking a punt on the forward and I think Everton would be a good club for Beckford, he would play regularly and should get plenty of chances given the quality of the Toffees' midfield.

Would fellow QPR fans be happy seeing Beckford playing, and scoring, at Loftus Road?