This year’s championship is looking so competitive that it is frankly unbelievable, but QPR are placed in a prime position currently.

While many people expected last year’s relegated Premier League teams of West Brom, Newcastle and Middlesbrough to be flying high in the table (2 out of 3 aint bad), there a few teams surprising a lot of people.

I think we have raised a few eyebrows so far with our results and also our attacking threat, a sign of which is the fact we are mentioned in the football expert’s blog about the Championship as one of the surprise sides.

The others he discusses are Blackpool and Watford, who are both level on points with QPR, and I have particularly impressed with the side Ian Holloway has put together at Bloomfield Road.

While many see him as more of a media personality and comedian than manager, he has brought a lot out of a side thought to be mediocre, with Charlie Adam especially looking inspired this season.

We better make sure we don’t get too excited too early as there is a long way to go in the season – but if we can stay in the play-off spots then I would be over the moon.