--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm not getting carried away, as we still have alot to work to do, but it was good to take 3 points away from home. First ten minutes we were excellent and could easily have been 2-0 up, fully deserved our goal from Tarrabt, this came after the keeper came steaming out to Routledge given a free kick outside the box and receiving a yellow card in the first two minutes and good chance that fell to Simpson.

Connolly was winning everything accompanied by an excellent hall, though if we could I would consider putting a bid for Scunthorpe's centre forward Hooper, who is the best striker, I have seen away this season and considering someone like Paterson has done well for Burnley, I think he could be worth a punt.

Anyway, back to the game. We allowed them back into it, though our pace on the break at times was great to watch. Hogan, who has been given his chance, done himself no harm with a fine performance on the left and routledge was nuisance on the right. Faurln was picking his passes and leighterwood was running and winning tackles, though his passing at times was a little woeful. We controlled the first half, but most fans I spoke to at half-time remembered that dreaded Plymouth game, and felt we would succumb to pressure in the second half. The pressure did come, but Connolly with a fully bandaged head was winning everything and we were still hitting them on the break Early impressions of Simpson is that he wants the ball and shows for it, and will unlike our other attackers will make it difficult for defenders. Tarrabt was taken ofrf early in the second half and replaced by Vine. This site sponsored Vine last season, and he was my number 1 choice. Its every sad to see, vine now. His confidence is shattered and he had a great opportunity near the end to kill the game, but hit the ball over from about 6 yards. His pace to beat defenders has gone and in one instance, he gave way and fell over when beating a defender and running into our half. Rumours are that Derby Co wanted to take him on loan and I just hope the more he plays, he can get that swagger back and that bit of pace he is clearly lacking. Not sure why Magilton made the substiutions so early, but Helguson did lookm okay when he came on. The boss, is also sending out a message to Buzsacky, by not playing him that he expects more. Late on Magilton get sent off from the stands after firecely appealing against a possible penalty, when the keeper came out to Routledge. Will, wait to see it on the replay, but gut feeling was that Routledge's second touch was heavy and he was not fouled by the keeper.

All in all, we had a nervous 5 minutes of injury time, but coped with it well. Cerny had to make a good free kick save near the end, but we held on and at last we have a win. Roll on Peterborough United.