..so, it's Jim. Initial reaction was one of and

Well, I suppose it still is to an extent...for me this is no different to the Dowie appointment and it seems to me that he isn't an improvement on Dowie or indeed Sousa. Considering he failed to get Ipswich into the play-offs when given ample time, resources and probably more money than he'll actually be given by our board well, it doesn't actually smack of "improvement" or "ambition" does it.

However, whilst thinking the above and chatting it over in the pub last night there was one thing that kept cropping up, well, one name - that of Dowie.

See, I never wanted Dowie. I really really didn't want him - to me he smacked of "lack of ambition" and not an "improvement" on De Canio. But, what happened? Well, I got behind him, never coated him off from day one (as some did) and basically, he proved me wrong. Completely wrong.

We shouldnt have had to go thru the debacle that was Sousas reign both on and off the pitch for one simple reason - we should never have fired Dowie. Now Iain wasnt't everyone's cup of tea and I know he actually alienated a few players as he's a bit of a ar$ehole at times and could be very arrogant but I honestly believe that we would have finished higher than 11th if we'd have stuck with him - not saying we would have reached the play-offs but, in my opinion we would have won a few of the draws that we had under Sousa and turned a few losses into draws if Dowie was still at the helm.

So, Dowie for me wasn't my choice then and Madge isn't now. But, looking at Madge, well, he shouldn't be worse than Iain now should he? He's got better options in the squad now than what Dowie had, he's a lot more charismatic and more or a "people" person that Iain was so, he'll hopefully get a bit more out of the players than Dowie did? That and if Gorman comes in I think he's a very very well respected coach who could hopefully work wonders with the players.

So, heh, if Madge is actually an improvement on Dowie then, we could be looking at the play-offs couldn't we??

All I know is I'll support Madge from day one (as i would any manager) and lets hope we never have to start having conversations throughout the season of should he stay or go etc?

Lets get into the groove with Jim, hope that papa Flavio doesn't preach, that at Christmas we're at least on the borderline of the play-offs, that the new vogue is to back and not sack the manager and that simply Madge is our lucky star