Originally posted by Kirill View Post
is it absolutely necessary for our staff to play the race card on what seems like every (in)opportune occasion nowadays?
"As a black man I think it’s going to be difficult anyway."
Do me a favour Kirill - he has not played the race card. Firstly, you've taken that quote out of context with the rest of the interview. Secondly, he never raised the issue - he was just responding to a question in light of Les Ferdinand's recent comments. To get a balanced of what he's said you need to watch his latest press conference on the official youtube channel, or at least read the full interview. Threads like this do no good because all they achieve is to whip up negativity and create a false impression, as some of the above posts now sadly reflect.

In previous interviews he's been asked directly if he'd experienced racism during his career, which he's replied that he had. And in yesterday's interview he even spoke out against tokenist appointments.

And dont get me wrong - I'm a meritocrat and am generally not in favour of positive discrimination policies, Rooney's Law etc.