Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tonights Team Official

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Match Thread - 2nd Leg QPR v Wigan (Tonights Team)

This vid just popped up on Twitter, showing tonight's program on fast forward.

Not sure of formation, but these are the players I could spot on the team sheet.

Green
    Simpson
    Traore
    Morrison
    Dunne
    Hill
    Phillips
    AJ
    Austin
    Carroll
    SWP
    Keane
    Yun
    Doyle

Wigan:
    Carson
    Holgersson
    Crainey
    McEachran
    Coldwell
    Rogne
    McClean
    Politt
    Nicholls
    Gomex
    McManaman

• LoftusRoadLad
      LoftusRoadLad commented
      Editing a comment
      Yes......a few said we gotta score 2 now........plonkers !!!

• zeberdee
      zeberdee commented
      Editing a comment
      A Time to Dance
      None of our hearts are pure, we always have mixed motives,
      Are self deceivers, but the worst of all Deceits is to murmur ‘Lord, I am not worthy’
      And, lying easy, turn your face to the wall.
      But may I cure the habit, look up and outwards And may my feet follow my wider glance
      First no doubt to stumble, then walk with the others
      And in the end - with time and luck - to dance.

the only poem I know - for some reason I always remembered the last couple lines and luckily it was online somewhere.
      A great performance tonight on and off the pitch by the band of brothers, time to dance for a few days at least
      Get in there

• LanguedocFox
      LanguedocFox commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by maidstone_hoop
      So f****** proud of the lads, the thing i loved about tonight is it was a TEAM perfromance and the lads really wanted it.... I thought apart from the first 20 mins we were totally on top and we pushed on and on and on and we got our luck.....derby will be hard there is no doubt about that but if we show the same dedication, determination plus with our class I think we could all have a very special day in 12 days time.
      Have to say thought kranjar tonight was class especially when moved back into midfield. Fair play to zamora too....With out being a doom monger and I know he won us the penalty but hoillett should not start the final....if you watch the game again just look how many times he gives the ball away and when in a good position he doesnt play the right ball....would bring morrison in from the start imo......but all I can say again is how proud we should all be of the players tonight.....and bring on wembley

Exactly that, in my opinion. At the start, I thought Wigan looked good, and after they scored that early goal I could see them getting a couple more. Until a few weeks ago, I had them as favourites to get to the final and win it, and although they have gone off the boil a bit, I thought the goal might give them the boost they needed to kick on.

But fair play to Rangers - and to Redknapp (or "Redknapp out" as he was known on here a couple of months ago!) - he reoganised and the whole team started to work - as a team. They pressed well, kept the ball, and I thought Wigan were a bit fortunate to be in front at half time.

I was surprised that Morrison wasn't on from the start, and I think he seemed to make a difference when he did come on. For me, Kranjcar was brilliant throughout (though I don't like him much) and Austin was always a threat. But it was overall a great team performance.

Congratulations. As a neutral I am really looking forward to the final.
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Match Thread: Sheff Wed v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    01-10-2020, 05:58 PM
  • Match Thread: Leeds v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    MARK Warburton says that his QPR squad will be fit and firing for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash away at promotion favourites Leeds United.

The R’s suffered their first defeat in four games on Monday night, losing out to Brentford in W12, but the boss insists that there will be no sign of a hangover when they walk out at Elland Road.

“It’s a demanding league; the games come thick and fast so you can’t be sitting there and feeling sorry...
    01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
  • Match Thread: Hull City v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “We have got to set the highest possible standards for ourselves. We gave away a really sloppy goal against Blackburn. From 4-1 and cruising, we survived a warning shot and we were loose and we have got to recognise that and be better.

“It was a good win going into the break; four goals, four different scorers and more goals for our front two. It was great for Brighty and Ebs [to score] too but we were loose on too many occasions.”

Following the Blackburn...
    18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
  • Blackburn Match Thread
    by LoftusRoadLad
    AS MARK Warburton readies his troops for Blackburn this weekend, he has called on his players to “deliver a performance” in west London.

The R’s suffered a 3-0 loss at Cardiff City on Wednesday night and the R’s boss admits his post-match speech to the players was one that needed to be carefully considered.

“It was important we got the message right to the players,” Warburton explained.

“There is no denying we lost...
    04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  • QPR vs Blackburn Rovers (Away Preview)
    by shadowmeister
    Final match before the annoying international break, both sides not in the best of RECENT form heading into this one. We failed to beat Luton and Forest at HOME, but from our point of view, I am hoping our AWAY DAYS are much more lucky.

Been impressed with QPR's start to the season, as I was worried about the amount of new faces coming in. However they have hit the ground running and are scoring plenty or goals and have been in amongst the top end of the table for the most part of...
    03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  • Match Thread: Cardiff v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “The fact of the matter is we have lost a game of football and it hurts. If it doesn’t hurt then you shouldn’t be in the game. The good thing is we have a very swift chance to make amends.”

MARK Warburton admits he and his squad are hurting following Saturday’s defeat – but they welcome the early opportunity to “make amends” when they visit Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

After four consecutive wins, QPR lost 2-0 against...
    01-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Working...
X