Collapse
No announcement yet.

It's not about the manager.

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• It's not about the manager.

Having watched all of the last four games, IMO we need to back Holloway.

I don't blame the manager. I don't blame the players. What I do blame is the clear lack of quality within the squad.

Holloway needs to be backed with funds next month to strengthen the squad and fans need to stick behind him, because whatever anyone says about the last 4 games, it's still been far more entertaining to watch then the sheer borefest we had to endure for a year under JFH. Since Ollie's arrived at least we've had a go at teams and showed some attacking intent.

Holloway needs to add more quality to this team and if he gets the chance to do that then I believe he's the man to turn things around, whip this team into shape, start scoring some goals and winning some games.

We're not going up and IMO we're not going down. So it's all about backing the manager now and restoring a bit of pride until the end of the season.

Tactically I can see exactly what Ollie is trying to do on the pitch but he simply does not have the quality in the players to execute it. I don't believe any manager in the world could do it either without better players.

#RantOver
    #DonsTinHat
    #YMMV
    #IMO

• Shania
      Shania commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Stanley
      One year and two months ago was the last time we won a league game from a losing position.

That stat alone says all you need to know about the state of our team spirit and lack of on-field leadership.
      This post sums it up for me. We now have to get in a few players who can offer leadership and give our group of players a much needed belief in themselves. The process of finding the "right mix of players" has sadly enough resulted in too many lost matches.

• 1973 ranger
      1973 ranger commented
      Editing a comment
      The big question here is how can the board allow their investment to drop another division? That makes no sense at all as what is the point of a 30-40.000 stadium in league 1.

• Qprtanpa1
      Qprtanpa1 commented
      Editing a comment
      I TOTALLY agree with this sentiment. I love seeing Ollie's chest thumping spirit on the sidelines; believe the squad's play HAS been more interesting of late; and that if we recruit a solid striker and midfield threat in January we can close out this season in strong mid table form before positioning ourselves for a strong 2017/18 season.

Originally posted by Stanley View Post
      Having watched all of the last four games, IMO we need to back Holloway.

I don't blame the manager. I don't blame the players. What I do blame is the clear lack of quality within the squad.

Holloway needs to be backed with funds next month to strengthen the squad and fans need to stick behind him, because whatever anyone says about the last 4 games, it's still been far more entertaining to watch then the sheer borefest we had to endure for a year under JFH. Since Ollie's arrived at least we've had a go at teams and showed some attacking intent.

Holloway needs to add more quality to this team and if he gets the chance to do that then I believe he's the man to turn things around, whip this team into shape, start scoring some goals and winning some games.

We're not going up and IMO we're not going down. So it's all about backing the manager now and restoring a bit of pride until the end of the season.

Tactically I can see exactly what Ollie is trying to do on the pitch but he simply does not have the quality in the players to execute it. I don't believe any manager in the world could do it either without better players.

#RantOver
      #DonsTinHat
      #YMMV
      #IMO
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Match Thread: Sheff Wed v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    01-10-2020, 05:58 PM
  • Match Thread: Leeds v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    MARK Warburton says that his QPR squad will be fit and firing for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash away at promotion favourites Leeds United.

The R’s suffered their first defeat in four games on Monday night, losing out to Brentford in W12, but the boss insists that there will be no sign of a hangover when they walk out at Elland Road.

“It’s a demanding league; the games come thick and fast so you can’t be sitting there and feeling sorry...
    01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
  • Match Thread: Hull City v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “We have got to set the highest possible standards for ourselves. We gave away a really sloppy goal against Blackburn. From 4-1 and cruising, we survived a warning shot and we were loose and we have got to recognise that and be better.

“It was a good win going into the break; four goals, four different scorers and more goals for our front two. It was great for Brighty and Ebs [to score] too but we were loose on too many occasions.”

Following the Blackburn...
    18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
  • Blackburn Match Thread
    by LoftusRoadLad
    AS MARK Warburton readies his troops for Blackburn this weekend, he has called on his players to “deliver a performance” in west London.

The R’s suffered a 3-0 loss at Cardiff City on Wednesday night and the R’s boss admits his post-match speech to the players was one that needed to be carefully considered.

“It was important we got the message right to the players,” Warburton explained.

“There is no denying we lost...
    04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  • QPR vs Blackburn Rovers (Away Preview)
    by shadowmeister
    Final match before the annoying international break, both sides not in the best of RECENT form heading into this one. We failed to beat Luton and Forest at HOME, but from our point of view, I am hoping our AWAY DAYS are much more lucky.

Been impressed with QPR's start to the season, as I was worried about the amount of new faces coming in. However they have hit the ground running and are scoring plenty or goals and have been in amongst the top end of the table for the most part of...
    03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  • Match Thread: Cardiff v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “The fact of the matter is we have lost a game of football and it hurts. If it doesn’t hurt then you shouldn’t be in the game. The good thing is we have a very swift chance to make amends.”

MARK Warburton admits he and his squad are hurting following Saturday’s defeat – but they welcome the early opportunity to “make amends” when they visit Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

After four consecutive wins, QPR lost 2-0 against...
    01-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Working...
X