• The Front Page RSS Feed

by Published on 16-12-2014 10:27 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

http://www.london.gov.uk/moderngov/i...d=179&MId=5564

This is when the vote will happen to give the mayor overall control of the Old Oak site despite the area being in 3 different boroughs. Remember we have the full support of the mayor for our plans. The vote will go through as there is a Conservative majority in the London Assembly. Another step in the right direction for us. Interesting reading about the meeting tomorrow. You just forget how big the area is. It says it is the biggest industrial site in Europe.
    by Published on 05-12-2014 11:45 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

So I was reading up on some stats about joey barton after his disappointing showing at Swansea. People were very quick to criticise, me included, but history has proven that Barton needs a run in the squad to keep up his performances. In matches where he has played 90 minutes, he has an average score on whoscored of 7.60. That would place him as the 9th best player in the league and I think looking at most of those performances, it is clear why this is the case. In those matches, he played on average 3.6 key passes per game, placing him as the highest in the league. Given that these contributions are extremely important in the goalscoring record of Charlie Austin.
    What did surprise me is that in those 5 matches, he held the ball for longer than any other player in all but 1 match, holding an average of 8.1% possession. That is quite an incredible stat which shows, in combination with the previous stats that he is absolutely key to home matches in particular, where we need to hold the ball and push forward, especially with the defensively solid but average on the ball Karl Henry playing alongside him. Also, as the commentator pointed out against Swansea, before that match, he hadn't had a single booking this season. The only issue I have seen in recent times has been a fall in pass accuracy which as many will have noticed, hasn't been as good as before. I personally believe that this is purely down to injury recovery and more matches can only help him. Personally, I think he will be key to our creative attacking at home, although perhaps playing him out wide away from home may be beneficial (his best match this season was newcastle away playing right mid).
    by Published on 26-11-2014 01:19 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

WeAreTheRangersBoys.com would like congratulate our 'Time of 1st QPR Goal sponsor' - 'Art of Football' for this massave achivement, well done.

Two brothers from Nottingham who design and sell football-inspired T-shirts across the globe are celebrating after winning 20,000 at a young entrepreneurs awards event.

Luke and Gabriel Cuthbert were presented with a 10,000 grant and 10,000 worth of mentoring and accountancy advice after their business, Art of Football, was crowned the winner of the Baldwins Accountants' KickStart Young Entrepreneurs Awards 2014.

More...

15% OFF until 30th November.

Simply enter 'FAN' at the checkout to receive 15% off your art-of-foobtall.com purchases. The discount offer is valid until midnight Sunday 30th November. Enter Here
    by Published on 20-11-2014 05:20 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

Right then people, mainly for a bit of fun, but with what I would class as a pretty decent QPR related "Mystery Prize" to be won.

What I would like you all to do is list your predictions for the following, for the game at Newcastle on Saturday :

1) The eleven players you think will start the match ( 1 point for each )

2) The seven players you think will be on the bench ( 1 point for each )

3) Half Time score ( 2 points )

4) Full Time score ( 3 points )

5) Who will score our first goal ( 3 points )

6) The official attendance ( 3 bonus points for the nearest guess )

ALL ENTRIES MUST BE SUBMITTED BY 1PM ON SATURDAY

As I have already said, it is a "Mystery Prize", but in more ways than one. Obviously, you won't know what it is. Rather less obviously, the winner may not necessarily be able to claim it, under which circumstances, it will go to either second place, third place etc.

As an example, if the prize was Sunday Lunch at Harry's house, if you can't get to Sandbanks on Sunday, then you would unfortunately miss out. On the other hand, if you were already going there for lunch, the offer would go to the next in line.

Hope that's clear. As I said, it's mainly just for fun, but good luck anyway.

I will try to tot up the scores during Saturday evening and contact the winner either that night or on Sunday and announce it accordingly.
    by Published on 20-11-2014 10:19 AM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

Relive QPR in the Community Trust's inaugural AirAsia QPR Coaching Clinics in Malaysia and Singapore from November 2013.

by Published on 09-11-2014 11:50 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

It is clear that since the international break we have improved hugely but just look at these stats to realise just how much we have improved:

In 7 league games prior to the break, we conceded 2.14 goals per game and only scored 0.57 goals per game. We only managed 43% Possession on average and only 3.4 shots on target per match.

Then came the international break and a chance for the players to work on their defensive contribution and finishing. The results are incredible:

In 4 matches against top teams (Bar Villa), we managed to score 1.75 goals per game and only conceded 1.75 goals per game. Bear in mind we played the top 3 teams from last season in this period. We have also managed to maintain a similar possession percentage of 38.5% yet we have managed 5 shots on target per game.

We have adapted our style of play thanks to the use of Zamora correctly and alongside him, Austin has thrived on his chances. We now have another international break where I'm sure we can expect the team to push on with improving and tweaking this style of play to take advantage of our strength.

The one thing I have noticed is that the only players to truly challenge our defence since the break have been short, low centre of gravity speedsters a la Sterling, coutinho, oscar and Aguero. Look at how dunne and caulker have dealt with Costa and Benteke, two of the strongest and most physical players in the league. Looking ahead, Newcastle have Cisse who Dunne should be able to deal with, Ulloa for leicester who is exactly the sort of player Dunne does well against, the same goes for Bony for Swansea, Danny Ings may be a threat but I can't imagine Dunne playing so many matches anyways and maybe Onuoha will have a better time against him. Lukaku for everton is of the same breed as Benteke but Berahino for West Brom could pose a problem. Alexis Sanchez is a very difficult player to play against and may get a goal against us but Palace only really have Jedinak and Campbell who have scored a few and I don't see them being too difficult to be with.

We just have to hope that austin and zamora can last in those matches. Maybe against the bigger teams like Arsenal or Swansea we can afford to bring Zamora on later in the game and cause more problems towards the end like we did against the Scum. The coming period is extremely difficult to play in because of fixture congestion and this was when austin got his injury last season so we can't afford risks.
    by Published on 06-11-2014 06:10 PM
    Article Preview

Art of Football's Bobby Zamora design is now available as a hoodie or sweatshirt! - http://art-of-football.com/collectio...-a-miracle-tee

A3 Unframed Print - http://art-of-football.com/products/...-miracle-print

QPR v Man City Poll - Enter Here

Free Competition - Win 250K Cash in this weeks Super 6

To Enter: Copy & Paste the competition from the last member to post, put your username next to the time you predict the first QPR goal in the match. (No goals not included)
    (If you're unable to copy & paste, please post the time you want added or leave blank for a lucky dip)