Lower Loft meeting with club

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Lower Loft meeting with club

Please see a summary of the meeting held this evening below:

Dear All,

Just got back from the Lower Loft meeting at Loftus Road.

Present were 7 fans from the LL, Phil Beard, Jenny Winstanley (Ops Manager), Andy Rees (Customer Liaison), Diane (Box Office), One other Box Office representative whose name I didnt get.

I think its fair to say that the club held its hands up for what has happened. Myself and one other supporter gave Phil Beard documents explaining the issues. Mine listed 38 points which I collated from all of the emails you sent me. Phil Beard promised to answer all of them.

I also gave the club a copy of every email that I had received from you all, deidentified (because I felt it best to do so) to make the point about the depth of feeling.

Discussions covered a number of topics including:

Adults using kids tickets
    swearing
    Location of the Family Stand (but don't expect it to move)
    Adult entry without kids
    Upgrading of kids tickets to adults for night games
    The Stoke game shambles
    Consultation with fans
    Terms and Conditions
    Stewarding

The outcome is that the club have agreed the following:

Adults caught entering on Child tickets will be dealt with under the rules of entry
    Swearing will be dealt with under Stadium regulations
    For the rest of this season no adult fan will be be turned away if they do not have a child with them
    For the rest of this season no fan will be relocated if you go without your child
    Before the end of this season the Club will begin consulting with the fans on the Family Stand for next season, including its location, and the terms and conditions of its operation.
    The club will continue to monitor any abuse of the Family Stand rules, other than that mentioned above.
    The club will write again to all Lower Loft Adult Season ticket holders sumarising the meeting.

Taking into account the outcome above I plan NOT to leaflet the Lower Loft at the Liverpool game because I feel that the club has addressed the immediate issues and has promised to consult for next season. I will of course retain the Leaflets should they be needed in the future.

I'd like to thank everyone for the support with this issue. In my opinion the outcome is positive, I hope that you all agree. Andy Rees did say that if at anytime fans have problems please email him.

I will keep all of your emails and advsie again as and when I hear anything.

Once again many thanks to you all. I think we've got the best result that we could have hoped for this season, and the promise of discussions for next season

Best Regards,

Steve

• QPRDave
      QPRDave commented
      Editing a comment
      [QUOTE=dsqpr;1336547]Not sure if he meant you or me Dave. Either way, it seems he has nothing better to do than post that we have nothing better to do than post!!!

...Frustrated internet policeman obviously!.....

• TBLOCKRANGER
      TBLOCKRANGER commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by SussexR
      Please see a summary of the meeting held this evening below:

Dear All,

Just got back from the Lower Loft meeting at Loftus Road.

Present were 7 fans from the LL, Phil Beard, Jenny Winstanley (Ops Manager), Andy Rees (Customer Liaison), Diane (Box Office), One other Box Office representative whose name I didnt get.

I think its fair to say that the club held its hands up for what has happened. Myself and one other supporter gave Phil Beard documents explaining the issues. Mine listed 38 points which I collated from all of the emails you sent me. Phil Beard promised to answer all of them.

I also gave the club a copy of every email that I had received from you all, deidentified (because I felt it best to do so) to make the point about the depth of feeling.

Discussions covered a number of topics including:

Adults using kids tickets
      swearing
      Location of the Family Stand (but don't expect it to move)
      Adult entry without kids
      Upgrading of kids tickets to adults for night games
      The Stoke game shambles
      Consultation with fans
      Terms and Conditions
      Stewarding

The outcome is that the club have agreed the following:

Adults caught entering on Child tickets will be dealt with under the rules of entry
      Swearing will be dealt with under Stadium regulations
      For the rest of this season no adult fan will be be turned away if they do not have a child with them
      For the rest of this season no fan will be relocated if you go without your child
      Before the end of this season the Club will begin consulting with the fans on the Family Stand for next season, including its location, and the terms and conditions of its operation.
      The club will continue to monitor any abuse of the Family Stand rules, other than that mentioned above.
      The club will write again to all Lower Loft Adult Season ticket holders sumarising the meeting.

Taking into account the outcome above I plan NOT to leaflet the Lower Loft at the Liverpool game because I feel that the club has addressed the immediate issues and has promised to consult for next season. I will of course retain the Leaflets should they be needed in the future.

I'd like to thank everyone for the support with this issue. In my opinion the outcome is positive, I hope that you all agree. Andy Rees did say that if at anytime fans have problems please email him.

I will keep all of your emails and advsie again as and when I hear anything.

Once again many thanks to you all. I think we've got the best result that we could have hoped for this season, and the promise of discussions for next season

Best Regards,

Steve
      Fair play mate, appreciate I was a bit of a thorn in your side but you responded with dignity and I'm pleased with the outcome, you conducted yourself with much credit.

• SussexR
      SussexR commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by TBLOCKRANGER
      Fair play mate, appreciate I was a bit of a thorn in your side but you responded with dignity and I'm pleased with the outcome, you conducted yourself with much credit.
      Thanks TBLOCK. I considered it a challenge to convert you to my opinon. Not sure that I managed that but as least we had a good open, and polite, debate. And the outcome appears to have been positive to most of those who joined in my quest.

I also think that we need to give credit to the club and Phil Beard. He didn't hide away from us, he fronted up at the meeting and listened, and then acted. Full credit to him.

Now we can get back to supporting the team.
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Match Thread: Sheff Wed v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    01-10-2020, 05:58 PM
  • Match Thread: Leeds v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    MARK Warburton says that his QPR squad will be fit and firing for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash away at promotion favourites Leeds United.

The R’s suffered their first defeat in four games on Monday night, losing out to Brentford in W12, but the boss insists that there will be no sign of a hangover when they walk out at Elland Road.

“It’s a demanding league; the games come thick and fast so you can’t be sitting there and feeling sorry...
    01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
  • Match Thread: Hull City v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “We have got to set the highest possible standards for ourselves. We gave away a really sloppy goal against Blackburn. From 4-1 and cruising, we survived a warning shot and we were loose and we have got to recognise that and be better.

“It was a good win going into the break; four goals, four different scorers and more goals for our front two. It was great for Brighty and Ebs [to score] too but we were loose on too many occasions.”

Following the Blackburn...
    18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
  • Blackburn Match Thread
    by LoftusRoadLad
    AS MARK Warburton readies his troops for Blackburn this weekend, he has called on his players to “deliver a performance” in west London.

The R’s suffered a 3-0 loss at Cardiff City on Wednesday night and the R’s boss admits his post-match speech to the players was one that needed to be carefully considered.

“It was important we got the message right to the players,” Warburton explained.

“There is no denying we lost...
    04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  • QPR vs Blackburn Rovers (Away Preview)
    by shadowmeister
    Final match before the annoying international break, both sides not in the best of RECENT form heading into this one. We failed to beat Luton and Forest at HOME, but from our point of view, I am hoping our AWAY DAYS are much more lucky.

Been impressed with QPR's start to the season, as I was worried about the amount of new faces coming in. However they have hit the ground running and are scoring plenty or goals and have been in amongst the top end of the table for the most part of...
    03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  • Match Thread: Cardiff v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “The fact of the matter is we have lost a game of football and it hurts. If it doesn’t hurt then you shouldn’t be in the game. The good thing is we have a very swift chance to make amends.”

MARK Warburton admits he and his squad are hurting following Saturday’s defeat – but they welcome the early opportunity to “make amends” when they visit Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

After four consecutive wins, QPR lost 2-0 against...
    01-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Working...
X