• Advert 2

• Advert 3

• ***QPR v Rotherham Match Thread***

This article was originally published in forum thread: ***QPR v Rotherham Match Thread*** started by acricketer View original post
    Comments 167 Comments
      acricketer -
      Go for it Ollie!
      gator -
      Once again no defenders on the bench, we could switch to a back 4 if necessary, 2 defensive injuries would make things interesting! Looks a decent side to go at Rotherham!
      kenthoop -
      Decent line up, although I'm gutted to see Wszolek on the bench. Might fare well coming on when their fullbacks are tired, but intrigued to see how it goes! Smith + Sylla could interesting, let's hope they click.

Blackburn are now winning so we're only 7 off the bottom 3 - a win today would be a huge boost, I don't care how it comes!
      corbray -
      Dang i wish washington started as hes 33/1 for a hattrick ... oh well at least i have 18/1 for us to win 4-0
      Stanley -
      Smithies

Ned Hall Lynch

Furlong Freeman Luongo Bidwell

Yeni Smith Sylla

(with Hall in the split sweeper/CM role as usual)
      maidstone_hoop -
      Smithies

Ned hall lynch

furlong Luongo Freeman bidwell

sylla smith yeni

Bizarre line up imo! We can't play Sylla on the wing as a 3 imo! Wsolev should be starting most games but I imagine as it's Rotherham he's being rested!
      Stanley -
      Originally Posted by maidstone_hoop
      Bizarre line up imo! We can't play Sylla on the wing as a 3 imo! Wsolev should be starting most games but I imagine as it's Rotherham he's being rested!
      I reckon it'll be more of a front two with Smith and Sylla, with Yeni tucking in or playing wider (as that's his more natural position).

It's good to have a front two who are strong in the air too as with this line up we have plenty of width and crossing ability.
      Rangers77 -
      That isn't, I think, a good team. Can Smith and Sylla play together?
      Stanley -
      Originally Posted by Rangers77
      That isn't, I think, a good team. Can Smith and Sylla play together?
      We'll soon find out. It's a combo quite a few have been calling for. Good opportunity to try it today, I guess?
      MYU -
      We should never go into a game expecting to win, hope the change won't effect us much today and they bring us 3 points.
      maidstone_hoop -
      Originally Posted by Stanley
      I reckon it'll be more of a front two with Smith and Sylla, with Yeni tucking in or playing wider (as that's his more natural position).

It's good to have a front two who are strong in the air too as with this line up we have plenty of width and crossing ability.
      I hope your right mate - but with our recent 3 4 3 formation the team doesn't make sense to me up top!
      LoftusRoadLad -
      Smithies

Furlong Ned lynch Bidwell

Luongo Hall Freeman

sylla smith yeni

Thats how I see it ?
      Rangers77 -
      Originally Posted by Stanley
      We'll soon find out. It's a combo quite a few have been calling for. Good opportunity to try it today, I guess?
      Yeah. Was looking forward to seeing Pawel and Conor. Can't see the need for Hall playing that role against these. Let's see.
      gator -
      Hopefully this side is set up properly to get the 3 points, a little too soon to start experimenting as teams below us have started to win!
      Stanley -
      Originally Posted by maidstone_hoop
      I hope your right mate - but with our recent 3 4 3 formation the team doesn't make sense to me up top!
      Thing is Maids, I'm not sure it was ever a real 3-4-3 because Pawel has been playing wider or tucking in behind too. Ollie more or less confirmed this at the forum when he said Washington's best position is in a front two, where he's been playing him. So 3-5-2 is probably more accurate.
      Shania -
      Smith and Sylla is a combination I reckon Ollie has tested in training this week.
      nanocopic -
      Rotherham got both tiers?
      LoftusRoadLad -
      Millers live another day. Both early games finished 2-2
      Shania -
      Blackburn 2 - Preston 2.
      Nottingham 2 - Derby 2.
      Nicholas Cole -
      Got to go for it at home to a bottom side.