No announcement yet.

Match reports from those who went?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• Match reports from those who went?

Originally posted by Shania View Post
    The day after, this site used to have lots of interesting reports . But not anymore?
    You can watch the full match on Player Shania. That'll give you a good idea.

First half I thought we did well playing a high line and high press, until they caught us out with a sucker punch towards the end - we tried to play the offside trap but Perch & Onuoha played them on. We had a change of formation too, with Chery playing wide right for the first time this season I think. Gladwin was actually playing Chery's usual role. Ariel and Mass were the holding mids with Mass the more advanced of the two. He had a good first half in particular and continued his current strong form. Sylla played the lone striker with Conor wide left again, but in possession it was more like a 4-2-1-3. Out of possession it was a 4-5-1.

The 2nd half was a massive disappointment however. JFH seemed to do nothing to change things at half time and we were clueless as to how to try and forge an equaliser. His substitutions did nothing to improve the situation - they were all reactive as opposed to proactive. As a result we just got worse and worse as the game disappointingly petered out. The only bright spark was Shodipo's pace and energy down the left but it was much too little too late. Wednesday had our one-dimensional tactics totally sussed out and remained in full control of the game.

Originally posted by Shania
    Can anyone comment on how Sylla played, please? To be honest, I´m not sure what kind of striker he is really..
    Sylla was subbed in the 2nd half through no fault of his own because as usual he was starved of service due to JFH persisting with no wingers, thus not playing to Sylla's strengths, and he became more and more isolated as the half were on.

The subs made no sense to me. It was pointless bringing on two wingers after he'd taken off Sylla who's our best goal poacher and who thrives on good crosses. Polter was dreadful when he came on - he did nothing except give needless fouls away.

Team line-up: http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/f...heff-Wed-v-QPR

• brightonr
      brightonr commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by 1QPRDK
      Just been watching the goal now, and it is not Hamalainen who plays them on, but Onuoha and possibly Perch are caught behind the line when Caulker pushes up after his header away. So no need to blame it on Niko.
      It was him. The bit you refer to was just before. Having said that, it's not really fair to blame it on him or whoever it might have been.

• 1QPRDK
      1QPRDK commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by brightonr
      It was him. The bit you refer to was just before. Having said that, it's not really fair to blame it on him or whoever it might have been.
      Yes it was Nedum not Niko. Watch again if you doubt it.

• Shania
      Shania commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Stanley
      You're very welcome Shania. Actually writing that helped me to summarise my thoughts on the game whilst it was still fresh in mind.
      .. Cheers.
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Match Thread: Sheff Wed v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    01-10-2020, 05:58 PM
  • Match Thread: Leeds v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    MARK Warburton says that his QPR squad will be fit and firing for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash away at promotion favourites Leeds United.

The R’s suffered their first defeat in four games on Monday night, losing out to Brentford in W12, but the boss insists that there will be no sign of a hangover when they walk out at Elland Road.

“It’s a demanding league; the games come thick and fast so you can’t be sitting there and feeling sorry...
    01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
  • Match Thread: Hull City v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “We have got to set the highest possible standards for ourselves. We gave away a really sloppy goal against Blackburn. From 4-1 and cruising, we survived a warning shot and we were loose and we have got to recognise that and be better.

“It was a good win going into the break; four goals, four different scorers and more goals for our front two. It was great for Brighty and Ebs [to score] too but we were loose on too many occasions.”

Following the Blackburn...
    18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
  • Blackburn Match Thread
    by LoftusRoadLad
    AS MARK Warburton readies his troops for Blackburn this weekend, he has called on his players to “deliver a performance” in west London.

The R’s suffered a 3-0 loss at Cardiff City on Wednesday night and the R’s boss admits his post-match speech to the players was one that needed to be carefully considered.

“It was important we got the message right to the players,” Warburton explained.

“There is no denying we lost...
    04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  • QPR vs Blackburn Rovers (Away Preview)
    by shadowmeister
    Final match before the annoying international break, both sides not in the best of RECENT form heading into this one. We failed to beat Luton and Forest at HOME, but from our point of view, I am hoping our AWAY DAYS are much more lucky.

Been impressed with QPR's start to the season, as I was worried about the amount of new faces coming in. However they have hit the ground running and are scoring plenty or goals and have been in amongst the top end of the table for the most part of...
    03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  • Match Thread: Cardiff v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “The fact of the matter is we have lost a game of football and it hurts. If it doesn’t hurt then you shouldn’t be in the game. The good thing is we have a very swift chance to make amends.”

MARK Warburton admits he and his squad are hurting following Saturday’s defeat – but they welcome the early opportunity to “make amends” when they visit Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

After four consecutive wins, QPR lost 2-0 against...
    01-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Working...
X