Collapse
No announcement yet.

We are QPR... aren't we?

Collapse
X
Collapse
  •  

• We are QPR... aren't we?

I'm asking myself this very question "what do I honestly want / expect from supporting QPR?"

I honestly believe we have all massively forgotten the roots and reasoning behind supporting this ruddy great club of ours. I've noticed this massive change in how us fans are reacting to news, results and poor performances and I cant help but think we as fans are losing our way a bit.

Ok, I know the facts and I won't disagree with an opinion that would suggest im wrong in saying this but I genuinely feel that as fans we are starting to look more and more plastic day by day. I understand that the board haven't really been providing the club the best stability, I understand that results are terrible as are players performances and we are 5 points of a double relegation.

But, to remind you, before we had money and promotions 10 years ago we was in this very position with very little hope of any success. But at least we went to games with a little hope and belief and got right behind the team. I struggle to go to QPR when we are even winning a game, the atmosphere is so poor. (Agreed we all play a huge part in this..)
    We've been through far tougher times than this current spell, which in actual fact could be turned around with a little bit of luck and magic from someone or somewhere.

What I do think is though, we need one year of rebuilding and stability with either an upcoming proven manager (JFH) or a punt on someone that's been there done it (NP or NW). We needed a clear out, we need to rebuild from behind the scenes and actually this league is much harder to get out of than 2+ years ago.

I just find it hard to believe that no matter what the news or results that people of all ages are smashing twitter, facebook and even here with huge abuse at the club. I read the other day, "bring back the good old days with Adel and Cisse" I mean come on guys. Both players had 1 good season each for us and that was that. It's almost like the ego's of these type of players have washed off on all of us. (Me included, which is why im writing this post)

I think we all need to except where we are right now and also try and remember that 1. The board tried to bring success with money to please fans and 2. The board are trying to sort it and quite honestly we dont know all the facts and 3. The press are loving us right now, its an easy story but not to get dragged into it.

What will be will be, but for me right now; I intend to enjoy the rest of this season and future campaigns regardless. I've forgotten slightly why I got to QPR and I want to remember that and so should everyone else.

A huge rant, mainly at the keyboard warriors among us which I probably look like myself.

Lets get well and truly behind the team on Saturday!!!!

• qpr4life
      qpr4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
      If anyone thinks we are a big club, take a look around the rest of the Championship. Countless number of clubs bigger than us.
      Agreed - but in all fairness everyone has their own opinions on what makes a big club. Most will claim we are big because of our history or the fact we have rich owners, but that's not really a strong argument no more.

We are fairly big in some senses but as whole we are mid table in size even in the champ now. But this is more of a reason for a reality check and realization that we need to a lot of building / foundations in place for this. Possibly wasted 3 years...

• Shepherds Mush
      Shepherds Mush commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by qpr4life
      Agreed - but in all fairness everyone has their own opinions on what makes a big club. Most will claim we are big because of our history or the fact we have rich owners, but that's not really a strong argument no more.

We are fairly big in some senses but as whole we are mid table in size even in the champ now. But this is more of a reason for a reality check and realization that we need to a lot of building / foundations in place for this. Possibly wasted 3 years...
      I agree it is subjective and I'm not arguing but I would love to see a QPR fan tell a Forest or Leeds fan that we are big club because of our history...

• qpr4life
      qpr4life commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by Shepherds Mush
      I agree it is subjective and I'm not arguing but I would love to see a QPR fan tell a Forest or Leeds fan that we are big club because of our history...
      I know you're not and I said the same earlier in this thread. Some fans (Not all) do think we have a great history which is bigger than a large amount of teams in the Champ and Prem.

The thing is, in past times other teams have also been to Wembley and won trophies and in present times lots more teams have done this. We've had long and good spells in leagues and for that reason feel we are bigger than we are.
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Match Thread: Sheff Wed v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    01-10-2020, 05:58 PM
  • Match Thread: Leeds v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    MARK Warburton says that his QPR squad will be fit and firing for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash away at promotion favourites Leeds United.

The R’s suffered their first defeat in four games on Monday night, losing out to Brentford in W12, but the boss insists that there will be no sign of a hangover when they walk out at Elland Road.

“It’s a demanding league; the games come thick and fast so you can’t be sitting there and feeling sorry...
    01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
  • Match Thread: Hull City v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “We have got to set the highest possible standards for ourselves. We gave away a really sloppy goal against Blackburn. From 4-1 and cruising, we survived a warning shot and we were loose and we have got to recognise that and be better.

“It was a good win going into the break; four goals, four different scorers and more goals for our front two. It was great for Brighty and Ebs [to score] too but we were loose on too many occasions.”

Following the Blackburn...
    18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
  • Blackburn Match Thread
    by LoftusRoadLad
    AS MARK Warburton readies his troops for Blackburn this weekend, he has called on his players to “deliver a performance” in west London.

The R’s suffered a 3-0 loss at Cardiff City on Wednesday night and the R’s boss admits his post-match speech to the players was one that needed to be carefully considered.

“It was important we got the message right to the players,” Warburton explained.

“There is no denying we lost...
    04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  • QPR vs Blackburn Rovers (Away Preview)
    by shadowmeister
    Final match before the annoying international break, both sides not in the best of RECENT form heading into this one. We failed to beat Luton and Forest at HOME, but from our point of view, I am hoping our AWAY DAYS are much more lucky.

Been impressed with QPR's start to the season, as I was worried about the amount of new faces coming in. However they have hit the ground running and are scoring plenty or goals and have been in amongst the top end of the table for the most part of...
    03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  • Match Thread: Cardiff v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “The fact of the matter is we have lost a game of football and it hurts. If it doesn’t hurt then you shouldn’t be in the game. The good thing is we have a very swift chance to make amends.”

MARK Warburton admits he and his squad are hurting following Saturday’s defeat – but they welcome the early opportunity to “make amends” when they visit Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

After four consecutive wins, QPR lost 2-0 against...
    01-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Working...
X