• Advert 2

  • Advert 3

  • Announcements RSS Feed

    by Published on 24-02-2014 03:57 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

    Hi

    I know this is a bit of a cheeky request, so please feel free to delete if this breaks any rules.

    My friend and I are running the London Marathon to raise money for Terrence Higgins Trust – the UK’s leading HIV and sexual health charity. This will be my third London Marathon and I would really appreciate any support that you can give. Any donation you make to my page will go to our joint fundraising page and we are aiming to raise £1750.

    https://www.justgiving.com/Michael-Addley1

    Hoping the Rangers family can help me out here!

    Thanks for taking the time to read.

    Michael
    by Published on 24-02-2014 03:53 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

    QPR 1st Supporters Trust is donating £8,000 in support of QPR in the Community Trust’s intergenerational media project engaging fans, young people and the local community to chart the history of QPR FC.

    You can find out more details and how to get involved here:
    http://www.qpr1st.com/
    by Published on 08-03-2013 01:29 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

    Copied from QPR Report but its a general statement by the OSC committee

    http://qprreport.proboards.com/index...&page=1#316670
    Subject: Statement from OSC Committee (sent by Linda Favell on behalf of all Committee Members)

    We announce that, with immediate effect, the Committee members of the QPR Official Supporters Club (OSC) have resigned en masse and have no wish to continue serving in their respective roles.

    It has become evident that the role of the OSC Committee has been diminishing increasingly of late. The historical objectives and purposes as listed in its Constitution are rarely sought by the Club. With technological media advances in recent years, the Club is able to communicate with individual supporters in ways that render the OSC Committee unnecessary. The Committee members have been keenly aware of this decline in the recent past, feel under-utilised and consider their contributions unappreciated and unacknowledged.

    Ultimately, the decision was reached as a result of the sharp disdain experienced at the recent Fans Forum where seemingly fresh topics were brought to the Forum by various supporters’ groups and individuals despite the OSC having discussed the same issues with the Club over the past 18 months. The Club's demonstration of concern at the Forum suggested that the its executives and staff had been blithely unaware of some of these issues. This, in turn, has also demonstrated that the efforts made by the OSC Committee in voicing concerns on behalf of supporters - in an attempt to improve the match day experience - had at best been given minimal recognition, if not entirely dismissed.

    The Committee, as a whole, has adopted the viewpoint of no confidence and stands down in the belief that working with the Club has been and will continue to be a futile exercise.

    Topics raised at previous OSC meetings:
    Date of meeting
    Topic Raised
    Comments
    OSC EGM/AGM
    4.1.2012
    John Reid (LSA) complained that the LSA had written several letters to the Club, with no responses.
    Philip Beard wanted to commit to open lines of communication with fans groups. He wanted to arrange and diarise a set of regular meetings throughout the year.
    OSC EGM/AGM
    4.1.2012
    Stewarding, ticket sales, loyalty points, website information.
    Items to be raised at future OSC meetings (see below).
    OSC EGM/AGM
    4.1.2012
    Fans Liaison Officer.
    Philip Beard said Club needed to prioritise and would be unlikely to be able to fund necessary headcount for this role. He considered communication should be straightforward.
    OSC EGM/AGM
    4.1.2012
    Loyalty Points
    Philip Beard recognised the need to review the Loyalty Points scheme.
    OSC Committee meeting
    29.2.2012 attended by Becky Grote and Dan Laryea
    Stewarding issues
    No further action despite several individual emails to the Club.
    OSC Committee meeting
    1.8.2012 attended by Philip Beard, Becky Grote, Dan Laryea, Jon Davies
    OSC Membership (what benefits?) and Function
    Philip Beard suggested OSC membership should be “opt-in”. He asked the Committee what it wanted the OSC function to be.
    OSC Committee meeting
    1.8.2012 attended by Philip Beard, Becky Grote, Dan Laryea, Jon Davies
    Family Stand – OSC stated that the issue should have been handled more sensitively, with prior consultation.
    Philip Beard said the decision had to be made quickly and that the Lower Loft was the easiest section to change. The decision stands.
    OSC noted that the Box Office staff had worked well when moving supporters’ seats.
    OSC Committee meeting
    1.8.2012 attended by Philip Beard, Becky Grote, Dan Laryea, Jon Davies
    Ticket Touts brought up at meeting and emailed to Box Office. What controls in place to prevent this. Can tickets be tracked back to individuals?
    Club encouraged use of Viagogo.
    Nothing could be done to stop ticket touts.
    OSC Committee meeting
    1.8.2012 attended by Philip Beard, Becky Grote, Dan Laryea, Jon Davies
    Club tradition and history. Wanted contact maintained with ex-players and staff to keep tradition alive.
    Philip Beard happy to have a viable scheme set up if there was a particular purpose.
    OSC Committee meeting
    1.8.2012 attended by Philip Beard, Becky Grote, Dan Laryea, Jon Davies
    Hospitality too expensive for most regular supporters. Asked whether less expensive facilities could be provided for supporters’ special occasions.
    All hospitality packages to be sold at maximum cost in order to accrue maximum profits.
    by Published on 21-02-2013 09:32 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

    March 2nd , saints..9am depart..£25/15

    Villa march 16th 9am depart...£25/15

    Please call Gary on 07506 028 189 asap to book seats
    thank you.
    by Published on 08-02-2013 01:19 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. CMS,
    3. Article,
    4. Promote,
    5. Forums

    March 2nd , saints..9am depart..£25/15

    Villa march 16th 9am depart...£25/15

    Please call Gary on 07506 028 189 asap to book seats
    thank you.
    by Published on 11-01-2013 07:58 PM
    1. Categories:
    2. Article,
    3. Promote,
    4. Forums

    Hiya all,

    Recently QPR1st has received feedback via email, on message boards and through social media requesting to find out more about our current levels of communication and consultation between the Club and the Supporters Trust.

    We’ve been a little bit quiet of late, so we would like to provide an update to all supporters that we can with regards to the current state of play.

    Since the Trust’s inception back in April 2001, it has in the past enjoyed a mutually beneficial relationship with the Club and held regular formal and informal consultation between the Club’s CEO or other Board members.

    This relationship began to deteriorate during Flavio Briatore’s reign. The Club’s communication with The Trust became progressively worse and completely broke down after Amit Bhatia left, with the Club refusing to speak to us directly.

    When Tony Fernandes arrived and Amit Bhatia returned, The Trust assumed that the relationship would be restored and contacted the Club to try and set up a meeting with CEO Phillip Beard when he was appointed.

    The Trust were told that Phillip Beard was too busy and that we needed to wait and that wait turned from weeks into months – to the point The Trust gave up asking after repeated attempts to establish dialogue with the Club.

    The Trust welcomes Mr Fernandes’ approach and open nature on social media like Twitter, and for visiting local pubs in the community to talk to fans. This however is not a substitute for holding proper structured dialogue between the Club and independent fan reps.

    The Trust have also contacted the Club regarding issues that have affected supporters, such as the decision to force season ticket holders to relocate out of the Lower Loft and turn an unsheltered area behind the goal into a “Family Stand”. The Trust did not receive a reply from the Club.

    The Trust wrote to the Club and asked them to join forces in the campaign to prevent the Accident & Emergency centre nearest to Loftus Road stadium from being closed down, but regrettably again, The Trust did not receive a response.

    As many of you know the Supporters Trust is part of a nationwide organisation called Supporters Direct which is state funded and is supported by both the FA and the two main political parties. At a meeting of Premiership Supporters Trusts held by Supporters Direct we explained our situation and inability to establish communication with the Club. They agreed to intervene on our behalf to see if they could make progress once we had tried one last time to set up consultation with the Club.

    We are in the process of formally writing to the Club for a meeting. There are a wide range of issues that need to be discussed, such as the plans for a new stadium, season ticket pricing for the 2013/14 season which will be a hot topic depending on which division the Club is in next season, establishing a relationship with the Supporters Liaison Officer, which is meant to be a key role in the Club with considerable status, and a variety of other topics from cup ticket prices to fans forums and regular contact with supporters.

    The Trust will continue to keep its members and supporters notified of any developments in this area.

    If you’d like to know a little more about QPR1st, you can find more details on the website at http://www.qpr1st.com

    FAQ on what and who QPR1st is:
    http://www.qpr1st.com/about-qpr1st/faq/

    The Trust's Mission Statement can be found here:
    http://www.qpr1st.com/about-qpr1st/mission-statement/

    The committee is currently made up of the following voluntary workers:
    http://www.qpr1st.com/about-qpr1st/t...agement-board/

    There will be a renewed push from the Trust over the coming months to restore a mutually beneficial relationship with the club and the QPR community at large and The Trust is currently in the process of discussing key issues it wants to raise and tackle this year, so expect some activity on this front soon.

    If this is something that interests you, the Trust is actively actively seeking for people to get involved as members or on the committee itself and would love for likeminded fans to get involved and join:
    http://www.qpr1st.com/join-qpr1st/

    If you have any questions, feel free to respond to this thread or drop us a line at info@qpr1st.com and we’ll get back to you as soon as we can.

    All the best,
    You Rs!