X
Collapse
  •  

• STADIUM UPDATE: QPR handed significant boost to new stadium plans

QPR Media Release - Tuesday 27th January 2015

QPR HANDED SIGNIFICANT BOOST TO NEW STADIUM PLANS

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes welcomes latest boost to new stadium plans,
    as club launches Old Oak regeneration campaign video

QPR Chairman Tony Fernandes has welcomed the comments by Chief of Staff and Deputy Mayor for the Mayor of London - Sir Edward Lister, that Old Oak regeneration should be stadium-led – ‘we would like to see one (a stadium)’ – in a significant boost to the club’s hopes of building a new stadium near Loftus Road.

Old Oak Common has been identified as an area where the club’s new home can be housed, and Fernandes confirmed work continues on what would be a multi-billion pound regeneration project, which will deliver much more than just a stadium, also providing thousands of homes, creating tens of thousands of jobs and providing community facilities.

Today the club launch a new film that shows how new stadia such as the Olympic Park and the Emirates Stadium can deliver regeneration – and why the same can happen at Old Oak if QPR move there.

“This is another important boost to our plans, and to the overall plan of regenerating Old Oak – London’s forgotten quarter,” Fernandes told www.qpr.co.uk.

“I spent last Tuesday at various meetings and I’m more optimistic that things are falling into place.”

The club plans to transform a large area of under-used land at Old Oak into a thriving and sustainable new quarter for London – with a new stadium acting as the catalyst for new homes, businesses, schools, health facilities and jobs for local people.

QPR are working with the three local Boroughs, the Greater London Authority and local groups to ensure that community benefits are at the heart of the club’s scheme.

“We have worked hard and things are moving in the right direction,” Fernandes added.

“What I can say to our fans is that it’s a daily project with daily effort.

“We have a separate team led by Mark Donnelly (QPR’s COO) and Antony Spencer (Stadium Capital Developments), and we have the support of key decision makers, who we will continue to work closely with to make it happen.

“There is a compelling argument for how a new stadium will transform the area.

“I am confident we will find a way to work with the major landowners there, so I remain optimistic that we will find a way to deliver this dream.”

Sir Ed Lister is quoted from an article that will appear in the Financial Times on Wednesday 28th January 2015.

An online version of the article can be found by visiting http://www.ft.com/cms/s/0/a73f05a6-a...#axzz3Q0qAKJby

• vblockranger
      vblockranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by QPR Richard
      What was it you got a lengthy ban for? Remind us all please.
      Homophobic comments mate which even tho it was banter on my part i accept it was wrong of me to make them...whats that got to do with your racist remark about fans not liking tourists if they come from the far east? Chip on your shoulder much? Keep on digging sonny :-)
      Last edited by vblockranger; 31-01-2015, 06:00 PM.

• vblockranger
      vblockranger commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by W5R
      Lets get back to the point of the thread, what is the best way to kick the #### out of fernandes so he knows not to take us for mugs again?

I'm thinking an isis style video with a green screen and threatening to decapitate him unless tune group promise to right off the debt they gave us

Any realistic suggestions I'll consider.
      Just tell him how you feel on twitter. He hates criticism and might leave twitter all together for about 48 hours before he comes back telling everyone he has "been persuaded to return" :-) worked last time and lets him know that he hasnt got all the fans in his pocket.

• Ginger Ninja
      Ginger Ninja commented
      Editing a comment
      Originally posted by W5R
      Lets get back to the point of the thread, what is the best way to kick the #### out of fernandes so he knows not to take us for mugs again?

I'm thinking an isis style video with a green screen and threatening to decapitate him unless tune group promise to right off the debt they gave us

Any realistic suggestions I'll consider.
      Oh dear
    Posting comments is disabled.

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

• Match Thread: Sheff Wed v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    01-10-2020, 05:58 PM
  • Match Thread: Leeds v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    MARK Warburton says that his QPR squad will be fit and firing for Saturday’s Sky Bet Championship clash away at promotion favourites Leeds United.

The R’s suffered their first defeat in four games on Monday night, losing out to Brentford in W12, but the boss insists that there will be no sign of a hangover when they walk out at Elland Road.

“It’s a demanding league; the games come thick and fast so you can’t be sitting there and feeling sorry...
    01-11-2019, 09:21 AM
  • Match Thread: Hull City v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “We have got to set the highest possible standards for ourselves. We gave away a really sloppy goal against Blackburn. From 4-1 and cruising, we survived a warning shot and we were loose and we have got to recognise that and be better.

“It was a good win going into the break; four goals, four different scorers and more goals for our front two. It was great for Brighty and Ebs [to score] too but we were loose on too many occasions.”

Following the Blackburn...
    18-10-2019, 01:47 PM
  • Blackburn Match Thread
    by LoftusRoadLad
    AS MARK Warburton readies his troops for Blackburn this weekend, he has called on his players to “deliver a performance” in west London.

The R’s suffered a 3-0 loss at Cardiff City on Wednesday night and the R’s boss admits his post-match speech to the players was one that needed to be carefully considered.

“It was important we got the message right to the players,” Warburton explained.

“There is no denying we lost...
    04-10-2019, 07:02 PM
  • QPR vs Blackburn Rovers (Away Preview)
    by shadowmeister
    Final match before the annoying international break, both sides not in the best of RECENT form heading into this one. We failed to beat Luton and Forest at HOME, but from our point of view, I am hoping our AWAY DAYS are much more lucky.

Been impressed with QPR's start to the season, as I was worried about the amount of new faces coming in. However they have hit the ground running and are scoring plenty or goals and have been in amongst the top end of the table for the most part of...
    03-10-2019, 03:06 PM
  • Match Thread: Cardiff v QPR
    by LoftusRoadLad
    “The fact of the matter is we have lost a game of football and it hurts. If it doesn’t hurt then you shouldn’t be in the game. The good thing is we have a very swift chance to make amends.”

MARK Warburton admits he and his squad are hurting following Saturday’s defeat – but they welcome the early opportunity to “make amends” when they visit Cardiff City on Wednesday night.

After four consecutive wins, QPR lost 2-0 against...
    01-10-2019, 12:37 PM
Working...
X