View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Doom, doom, more doom and a little bit of gloom

I am now worried about my club, only weeks after I was full of optimism at how the season was going. Sitting in my front room, I now find out our manager has been suspended and we now sit in 12th place in the Championship while teams we were battling with in recent weeks are now starting to pull away. A 3-1 defeat to Watford followed our 5-1 thrashing by Middlesbrough at Loftus Road and serious questions have to be asked about our defence. We are starting to crumble and what started off as a possibly ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Pete's Latest (08-12-09)

Scroll down to Pete's Latest video player and press play.

More...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. QPR 5 Torquay 0

Not a real result sadly, just the latest victory by my QPR team in FIFA Manager 2009 PC game, Dexter Blackstock got a hat-trick with 3 headers would you believe?

A pity watching the real thing isn't quite so fulfilling at the moment. All we can hope for is that the issues that are obviously troubling our boys inside the dressing room will be resolved and quickly, so that they can get back to their winning ways before the whole season goes to pot. Someone may have to play the DVD for ...
    Tags: babes, bush, lisa, update, wba Add / Edit Tags
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. SWOT analysis part two

I have decided to publish my views of the 2009-10 season in 10 game chunks based on strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats. Part One is on my blog. Please consider that these views are formed over a 10 game period and not written in anger after last night's debacle.

Here is my view on the second 10 games of the season.

STRENGTHS.

Abundance of midfield talent. Tarrabt in particular is able to produce moments of sheer genius at times, but can ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Goalkeepers who never quite made it

There have been a number of goalkeepers over the years who were touted at a young age to be 'the next big thing' but many of them sank without a trace.

My thinking of this subject was prompted by one Championship football blog which traced the slide of Richard Wright, once the future for Arsenal and England and now struggling at the bottom end of the division with Ipswich.

So what other keepers can fit into such bracket, I can think of:
    Roy Carroll
    Steven ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized