View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. The Grand National

After the glitz, glamour and hype that was the Cheltenham Festival last week my eyes are now focussed on the Grand National in April.

I am always a huge fan of the Aintree race and this will be the 7th year in succession I will be in attendance at the racecourse to see the biggest horserace of 2010. Last year Mon Mome won the big race and he is well fancied in the Grand National odds again Ė and you can see why.

He looked good finishing in third place behind Imperial ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Swansea City Report

Saturday 20th March 2010
    The Coca Cola Championship
    Loftus Road Stadium
    Referee: K Wright
    Attendance: 15,502
    Queens Park Rangers 1-1 Swansea City
    By The Godfather

Queens Park Rangers starting line-up: Ikeme, Connolly, Gorkss, Ramage, Faurlin, Ephraim, Buzsaky, Leigertwood, Taraabt, Priskin, Hill.

Swansea City starting line-up: De Vries, Tate, Rangel, Williams, Richards, Dyer, Cotterill, Britten, Gower, Kuqi, Bauza.

3. Are England fans really optimistic ?

Just read an interview with Everton midfielder Steven Pienaar, where he is warning England fans not to be too confident about their side's chances of lifting the World Cup. To be honest I donít know too many England fans who are that optimistic, donít get me wrong they would love to see them win but most fans are rather frank in their assessment and feel England lack in a few areas. If I was Pienaar I would rather look at my own side, you donít see anyone fancying South Africa in the World Cup betting ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. Reading Preview

Tuesday 16th March 2010
    The Coca Cola Championship
    The Madejski Stadium
    Referee: G L Ward
    Kick-off: 20:00
    Reading (16th) V Queens Park Rangers (15th)
    By The Godfather

I was pleased with the result on Saturday afternoon. Sheffield United are play-off contenders, and I'm sure most supporters would have taken a point before the match at Bramall Lane. After only a few weeks under the leadership of Warnock, QPR are already showing signs of improvement ...
  5. I foresee World Cup problems for Germany

For what seemed like decades, Germany were able to rely on a good pair of hands in goal. Bodo Ilgner then Oliver Kahn was the number one for many years, when he retired Jens Lehmann took over the number one shirt but now they have problems in net. Bayer Leverkusen's Rene Adler is the one who has been chosen by Joachin Low as his number one, but even the German legend Franz Beckenbauer has questioned this choice. Adler is prone to gaffes and Germany's World Cup odds could plummet if he keep making ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized