View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. What to expect from Manchester City?

There is no doubt who the busiest bees in the transfer market this summer than City. They have spent 60 million on David Silva, Yaya Toure and Jerome Boateng, and these quality players will join a squad already full of stars. This Premier League football blog reckons this trio will offer a lot to City and mean they could really win the title next season.
    I believe this coming campaign City will challenge Chelsea and Manchester United right to the wire, and could indeed pip the usual suspects ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Looking on in envy

Just imagine if England had so much talent among their squad that the likes of Fernando Torres cannot get in the first team. That is a luxury that only Spain can boast, and it looks a doubt that Torres will play in the final after the impressive display that Pedro put on in his absence. Even the Dutch can seemingly afford to keep real quality such as Rafael van der Vaart and Klass-Jan Huntelaar on their bench. Compare that to the fact that England can call on the luxuries of Emile Heskey and Shaun ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. How awesome is David Villa

I had never seen a full Spain game this World Cup until their win over Portugal last night, and I was so impressed by David Villa. The forward seems to spend so much time playing wide left but it really works and he can trouble defences all day long. Overall Spain looked strong and I am delighted they beat a Portugal side which just were determined to play defensive - and Cristiano Ronaldo's behavious was shocking in that game.I can see why Spain are favourites in the World Cup odds and also why ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  4. England face tough battle

England are set to have to do it the hard way after finally making it out of the group stage. A 1-0 win over Slovenia looked like it would be enough to take us through in top spot, but the late late USA goal meant England have to go through in second. That means they must face old enemy Germany in the last 16, and even if they win that could face Argentina at the quarterfinal stage. So its going to be a difficult mission to win the tournament and I'm sure England's World Cup odds have been affected ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  5. Will the shocks keep coming?

I cannot remember a World Cup where there has been so many shock results there has not been a lot of goals but a lot of surprises. A number of the bigger teams have not really turned up, there is debacle among some sides while only a few teams are really impressing. Only the likes of Argentina and Brazil have started playing and impressed, Germany did but then they went down to Serbia, while Italy and England have failed to turn up, Spain have lost their only game and the less said about what ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized