View RSS Feed

All Blog Entries

1. Goalkeepers who never quite made it

There have been a number of goalkeepers over the years who were touted at a young age to be 'the next big thing' but many of them sank without a trace.

My thinking of this subject was prompted by one Championship football blog which traced the slide of Richard Wright, once the future for Arsenal and England and now struggling at the bottom end of the division with Ipswich.

So what other keepers can fit into such bracket, I can think of:
    Roy Carroll
    Steven ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  2. Still Stunned

The Middlesborough game was one I was dreading for a while. My only contact with the football league is through the "Football League Show" and despite the Boro's poor results I always saw them as a team whose time would come. Sadly it came at our expense and the only hope I can muster is that it will send a message loud and clear to our players that they need more than just pretty football to turn them into heroes.

Pretty football that doesn't need anything else comes in ...
    Categories
    Uncategorized
  3. Watford Match Preview

Monday 7th December 2009
    The Coca Cola Championship
    Vicarage Road Stadium
    Kick-off: 19:45
    Referee: A M Penn
    Watford (12th) V Queens Park Rangers (9th)
    By The Godfather

I've been trying to forget about Saturday afternoon's shocking display. However, the memory of watching Leroy Lita tear apart the QPR defence is simply too strong. It really was an absolutely abysmal performance from the back four (apart from perhaps Borrowdale). The Rs have ...
  4. Middlesbrough Match Report

Saturday 5th December 2009
    The Coca Cola Championship
    Loftus Road Stadium
    Referee: P Gibbs (replacement for K Hill)
    Attendance: 13,949
    Queens Park Rangers 1-5 Middlesbrough
    By The Godfather

Queens Park Rangers starting line-up: Cerny, Leigertwood, Hall, Gorkss, Borrowdale, Routledge, Faurlin, Watson, Taraabt, Buzsaky, Simpson.

Middlesbrough starting line-up: Jones, Williams, St Ledger, Wheater, Pogatetz, O'Neil, Arca, Yeates,
  5. MOM - QPR v Middlesbrough

If anyone actually deserves your vote in this travesty of a game...

More...
    Categories
    Uncategorized