Zamora
    11.43%
    Cisse
    0.00%
    Mackie
    0.00%
    Dyer
    17.14%

Definitely Hill. With Bosingwa out early in the game, the defense line was in danger of collapsing. Hill and Nelsen played well with offiside trapping. Also, Cesar was our savior as always. Dyer did excellent even though it was not his usual position.

Comment

Estaban Granero was a joy to watch, he gets my vote for MOM.
      There were however many, many, more top notch performances from our lads today.
      Surely a win is just around the corner for us, Wet Spam anyone?

Comment

Granero? Seriously, apart from getting booked, putting in an awful corner towards the end, giving the ball away for their winner, playing a ball straight out and having a tame shot towards the end which didn't even trouble the keeper, he had a great game! If Taarabt had played like Granero today, he'd be getting murdered on here.

I thought Faurlin, Park and Hill were excellent. Had Faurlin not scored the own-goal, I'd have given it to him, but in the end decided to give it to Hill.

Comment

Granero for me also. Top player, brilliant with the ball at his feet.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Hill, but very closely followed by Dyer.

Comment

Originally posted by procol View Post
              Definitely Hill. With Bosingwa out early in the game, the defense line was in danger of collapsing. Hill and Nelsen played well with offiside trapping. Also, Cesar was our savior as always. Dyer did excellent even though it was not his usual position.
              2 games Cesar has played.

Granted he's played well, but "saviour as always" is a little over the top maybe?

Comment

For me as much as I dont think anyone had a bad game, the stand out player had to be Granero, his passing tackling and ball retention was fantastic. at one time I actually said I think he's taking the P##s. he was that good

Comment

The problem is Granero comes with a "class label" attached. He does look top quality and plays some damn good football. I didn't think he was the stand out player though.
                  By the same token, Hill comes with a label that says ageing and slow so will get torn apart by Lennon, Bale et al and Dyer comes with a fragile/broken label.

Both of them were top draw yesterday and I find it hard to split them for MOTM.
                  I've gone for Dyer because like Hill, he defended well and didn't put a foot wrong - but he also offered some attacking options and therefore just shades it.
                  #standuptocancer
                  #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Hill? Very very average performance. The one player in the side who looked nervous and uninventive passing out from the back. A number of his hoofs were wasteful.
                    Granero and Faurlin had to babysit him by completely withdrawing into our half to collect the ball from his so as not to expose his lack of passing ability.
                    Last edited by Grifter; 24-09-2012, 06:42 PM.

Comment

Dyer, closely followed by the rest. He played 87 minutes, havng not had a full game in ages, was out of position and up against some serious pace. He coped brilliantly and offered a quality option going forward. TBF everyone was excellent, still can't believe we lost.

Comment

Originally posted by Grifter View Post
                        Hill? Very very average performance. The one player in the side who looked nervous and uninventive passing out from the back. A number of his hoofs were wasteful.
                        Granero and Faurlin had to babysit him by completely withdrawing into our half to collect the ball from his so as not to expose his lack of passing ability.
                        Glad it wasnt just me who thought that! Saying that, his defensive duties were spot on, just lacking in the distribution department - as you say, too often looking for a wasteful hoof.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                        X