MOM game 4 - QPR v Newcastle United

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• MOM game 4 - QPR v Newcastle United

Taarabt edges it for me, especially the 1st half when he was outstanding.
    Kenny
    0.00%
    Gabbidon
    1.96%
    Traore - off
    0.00%
    Young
    5.88%
    Ferdinand
    0.00%
    Derry
    11.76%
    Taarabt
    13.73%
    Faurlin
    33.33%
    Barton
    0.00%
    Wright-Phillips - off
    33.33%
    Bothroyd - off
    0.00%
    Connolly - on
    0.00%
    Puncheon - on
    0.00%
    Campbell - on
    0.00%

The poll is expired.

Last edited by Stanley; 15-09-2011, 03:52 PM.

Faurlin MOTM for me

Loads of positives - excellent performance and a shame we couldn't get the goal but just lacked that cutting edge.

Love that midfield now and Faurlin really stood out for me.

If Bothroyd can get scoring we'll be ok. DJ looked up for it and i think he'd score goals for us but doesn't have the aerial presence that Bothroyd does.

Shame we can't accommodate both of them really.

Anyway, well done to all I think it was a great team effort.

Comment

Not for me.

Wins the ball back really well but his distribution at times is awful.

For me probably Young or SWP

Comment

Couldn't agree more. He isn't a star name like Wright-Philips and Barton but he tackled, passed, headed, everything - and was getting forward into dangerous positions. Honestly, if that was Fabregas everyone would be saying what a good game.

Comment

they all played well, we should be ok , just need a goal to get us going !

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
            Not for me.

Wins the ball back really well but his distribution at times is awful.

For me probably Young or SWP
            Distribution at times is awful? What the hell game were you watching? Faurlin looked our most composed player by far.

Young was OK. Taarabt and SWP were magnificent in that first half, and SWP was busier in the second.

Comment

Furling best performance in the hoops Motm closely followed by Adel, SWP, Derry and Young

Thought traore injury hampered us going forward and we run out of steam in the last 30.

First half was just awesome and we should have been 3 up

Comment

Taarabt for me, everytime he gets the ball you get on the edge of your seat. Mugged of some good prem league players today and his passing was spot on.

Must say Traore was brilliant before he got injured, Anton was solid as Young.

SWP looked lively, but everyone knows he does at all times.

Was just great to watch us with class players. On another day we would of put 5 or 6 past them.
                @chrisrobson9

Comment

Ali F for me. Everything started with him
                  oldhoop

The Bread Mans Blue and White Army

Comment

Also did anyone else who watched on sky have trouble voting for the MOTM? I kept getting replies saying wrong format.
                    @chrisrobson9

Comment

Fantastic times ahead. SWP played well, but got great service from Tarbs several times. Derry was solid as usual, great link play and so organised, keeps getting better imo. Full backs that get forward is great to see, Young was excellent and Traore not quite as good but OK. Faurlin was solid, as was Barton. Gabbidon needs to improve, was prob the weakest link, and Bothroyd wasn't as sharp as I would like but got into some good positions. Mom, Derry for me just, from SWP and Tarbs

Comment

Swp for me. What about Derry though he is the man!

Comment

unbelievable team effort
                          swp unbelievable
                          young how solid and ferocious was he and his running
                          adel most imoressed with his team play
                          faurlin started slow second half excellent
                          derry looks like played in the pl all his life
                          ferdinand solid we looked like prem league defense tonight
                          bothroyd held the ball well dont know why he cant use his fkn right foot
                          must say barton looked like he didnt want to play vs them everything overhit underhit but sure he will come good
                          traore looked really good
                          puncheon ummmm maybe not looked like he had one leg shorter then the other

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                            Distribution at times is awful? What the hell game were you watching? Faurlin looked our most composed player by far.

Young was OK. Taarabt and SWP were magnificent in that first half, and SWP was busier in the second.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

For me it woud be SWP. Not only because he was brilliant in attack and set up what should have been at least 2 goals in the first half and had one off the line, but the fact he's got a great work ethic also. When needed he always chases back and becasue so small and elusive nicked in many times and won the ball back.

Overall guys, how refreshing that we are all sitting here arguing about who was our best player in a truly magnificent first match as a team together, against, let's not forget, a very good team on their top form for 16 years.... They are no mugs, but we made them look like some.

Also, a word for Sir Neil.... we all trust him wholeheartedly, but yet again he has proved what a good eye he has for a player, and not only good players, but ones that will compliment our team style perfectly. I can honestly say that all the new starters were excellent and did exactly what you'd hope for. Tbh, out of all of them, i thought Barton was slightly out of sorts first half and did give the ball away uncharcteristically at times, but that may have been the occasion. He settled later and was excellent.
                              Last edited by Del; 13-09-2011, 07:56 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X