Collapse
This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

If they have/had no interest in football why did they spend if tales are to be believed best part of £250mil on transfers and wages

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      If they have/had no interest in football why did they spend if tales are to be believed best part of £250mil on transfers and wages
      Oh don't get me wrong mate.
      Of course they had interest.
      They bought a premiership league club. Uncle was at every home game while we were in the prem, money (lots of) was spent.
      A culmination of relegation and debt along with ffp has quenched his thirst for all things qpr.
      Also remember his statement soon after buying us that we were an advertising veichle for his air Asia company.
      Either way his interest now is property and management along with his planes.
      nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

Went for mid table. Might be a touch optimistic on the basis we actually play our better players, especially Sylla who can score!! Play to a system that best suits what we have to get the best out of them, do a little bit of coaching and play as a team. If we carry on like we ended the last season with a different team and a slightly different way to hoof it to Smith.... Yeah I'll be very worried

Comment

This myth of spending 250 million is a load of crap as our highest transfer fee was under 10 million up front so not going along with that we spent that amount. He has overseen the biggest wastage in English Football history and is now looking to claw back anyway he can. Remember he tried to get East London pre Olympic redevelopment and the David's of WHU would not sell.

Comment

I said at the end of last season we would be relegated this season nothings changed my mind poor players poor team poor manager.

Comment

Good honest hard working team full of cheap chestbeaters. And Ollie in charge. We´ll pi$$ the league.
              https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

On a more serious note. I predict top half.
                https://twitter.com/1qprdk

Comment

Originally posted by Nick View Post
                  bottom end of the table is what im thinking. be amazed if we get mid table tbh... be over the moon to be proved wrong, but just cant see it.
                  Bloody hell, where the fudge have you been?
                  Good to see your still about buddy.
                  Hope you and yours are keeping well 👍
                  nsa/cia spy on this..............┌∩┐(◣_◢)┌∩┐

Comment

We barely survived last season with almost the same squad. Why will it be any different this season?

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      you seem to be on the minority on here with your unwavering support for Ollie, even though the blundering tool almost relegated QPR last season with 17 defeats from 30 games!
                      17 defeats in 30 games is horrific. I reckon that stat would've condemned the manager at every other club in the football league. Have any of them had a worse performance and kept their job?

Comment

Poor owner.

Comment

Originally posted by chalbury37 View Post
                          I said at the end of last season we would be relegated this season nothings changed my mind poor players poor team poor manager.
                          Poor owner...

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
                            Your unwavering support of Holloway in the face of evidence to the contrary is admirable, but you must be either related or the man himself.

Just for the record a few teams with low budgets challenged last year, Huddersfield and Reading being examples, albeit both had switched on, forward thinking managers.

In football if you have money to spend you have a chance whoever manages you, hence the never ending merry go round of failed ex players. If you don't have money you need a switched on manager/coach to maximize your players. Unfortunately we have neither, even though we have, striker aside, a decent mid table squad
                            "Striker aside"....and that's the whole point though isn't it? If we are relying on Washington and Smith to get the goals I think we are in big trouble. Nothing I've seen from either suggest they are anything more than bang average league 1 players. There's a good reason why foolham let smith go - he's pony! Worse than Polter even and that's saying something.

Comment

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
                              It cracks me up how you expect instant success with no funds and a rebuilding but with much younger players than we`ve probably ever had! we was in a mess wether you like or it or not, you act like we`re spending loads but that was done before, so what we`re doing nows had to be done, just how you expect us to be great when doing that straight aways unreal!
                              Ollie's points per game stats are worse than JFHs... How do you explain that? In fact without the PPG from JFH we would've been relegated.

Comment

Originally posted by 1973 ranger View Post
                                This myth of spending 250 million is a load of crap as our highest transfer fee was under 10 million up front so not going along with that
                                Really?

How many players bought on multi million pound deals over years?

How many millions spent on agents fees?

How many millions spent on paying off contracts to get people out of the club?

How many millions paid out on players however large or small?

How many millions on managers salaries and then paying them off too when sacked?

I think you're being a bit blinkered here.

It's pretty common knowledge.

Comment

Working...
                                X