This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pinkie View Post
    It cracks me up how you expect instant success with no funds and a rebuilding but with much younger players than we`ve probably ever had! we was in a mess wether you like or it or not, you act like we`re spending loads but that was done before, so what we`re doing nows had to be done, just how you expect us to be great when doing that straight aways unreal!
    Your unwavering support of Holloway in the face of evidence to the contrary is admirable, but you must be either related or the man himself.

Just for the record a few teams with low budgets challenged last year, Huddersfield and Reading being examples, albeit both had switched on, forward thinking managers.

In football if you have money to spend you have a chance whoever manages you, hence the never ending merry go round of failed ex players. If you don't have money you need a switched on manager/coach to maximize your players. Unfortunately we have neither, even though we have, striker aside, a decent mid table squad

Comment

Just stay up. 17th or 18th.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

It cracks me up how you expect instant success with no funds and a rebuilding but with much younger players than we`ve probably ever had! we was in a mess wether you like or it or not, you act like we`re spending loads but that was done before, so what we`re doing nows had to be done, just how you expect us to be great when doing that straight aways unreal!
        When the idiot joined Les said he expected us to push for promotion. Said idiot said squad just needed tweaking. Squad was tweaked in January.

Now all of a sudden squad is rank and Ollie will do well to keep us up ...

Comment

Originally posted by FurtiveFox View Post
          When the idiot joined Les said he expected us to push for promotion. Said idiot said squad just needed tweaking. Squad was tweaked in January.

Now all of a sudden squad is rank and Ollie will do well to keep us up ...
          Yawn blooomin yawn! Will be funny revisiting youre posts after we start doing well, hence likewise if im wrong,but i think we'll do ok!
          http://soundcloud.com/pinkie2

Comment

Originally posted by rickyranger View Post
            In football if you have money to spend you have a chance whoever manages you
            Unless you were Villa (£71m) or Wolves (£30m) last season

Comment

Both finished above us and were never in danger of relegation, unlike us.

Both will be challenging this year, so something of a cumulative effect

Comment

Yawn blooomin yawn! Will be funny revisiting youre posts after we start doing well, hence likewise if im wrong,but i think we'll do ok!
                This is a serious question and not any sort of dig, can you explain what evidence you have over the last few years that Holloway will be a success?

Secondly, if he fails as the overwhelming majority of fans, pretty much all the football community and every bookmaker believe, will you finally accept his limitations?

Comment

This is a serious question and not any sort of dig, can you explain what evidence you have over the last few years that Holloway will be a success?

Secondly, if he fails as the overwhelming majority of fans, pretty much all the football community and every bookmaker believe, will you finally accept his limitations?
                  Jesus how many times has it been spelt out! when we hit form we was very good, but yes only for a short spell, then ollies big mistake taking the foot off the gas thinking we were safe, ollies players hes brought in have been excellent so far on peanuts aswell, so have every bit of faith in the man people reckon doesnt know bugger all which is laughable! cant be bothered to go on as its repeating and repeating, alot of which alot of you lot are doing on every single different thread!

Comment

I was just thinking of asking the same question.

I know I said it before, but when Ramsey was manager the QPR defence was conceding 2 or more per game. In came Warnock and in 4 games 3 clean sheets were kept using the same defenders and keeper (and only conceded a 94th min penalty in a game he wasn't even at). That was down to good coaching and organisational skills.

Holloway had roughly the same defenders Bidwell, and sometimes Lynch, the only changes, yet he could barely muster a clean sheet in 30 fixtures. That for me shows up just some of the weaknesses of Holloway.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                      I was just thinking of asking the same question.

I know I said it before, but when Ramsey was manager the QPR defence was conceding 2 or more per game. In came Warnock and in 4 games 3 clean sheets were kept using the same defenders and keeper (and only conceded a 94th min penalty in a game he wasn't even at). That was down to good coaching and organisational skills.

Holloway had roughly the same defenders Bidwell, and sometimes Lynch, the only changes, yet he could barely muster a clean sheet in 30 fixtures. That for me shows up just some of the weaknesses of Holloway.

You see youre blaming ollie when hes got a defensive coach matey, so youve got that one wrong for a start!

Comment

Come on whos gone for what on here seems as we cant view that? ive gone for top half finish along with another 6 of you!

Comment

Jesus how many times has it been spelt out! when we hit form we was very good, but yes only for a short spell, then ollies big mistake taking the foot off the gas thinking we were safe, ollies players hes brought in have been excellent so far on peanuts aswell, so have every bit of faith in the man people reckon doesnt know bugger all which is laughable! cant be bothered to go on as its repeating and repeating, alot of which alot of you lot are doing on every single different thread!
                          You often say when we hit form we were very good, but as far as I can recall (and I listed the games before) we beat Barnsley Wigan Cardiff Birmingham Rotherham and got a draw at Leeds, apart from the latter those sides were not exactly setting the Championship alight were they.
                          You say he took his foot off the gas thinking the club was safe, but I say he just didn't have the knowhow to get much against those teams.

Stuck record maybe, but same can be said of your support of him.

Comment

You see youre blaming ollie when hes got a defensive coach matey, so youve got that one wrong for a start!
                            who is the defensive coach, who appointed him and why isn't Holloway doing this himself? Also, Warnock didn't have one or if he did, he managed to get results.

Comment

Come on whos gone for what on here seems as we cant view that? ive gone for top half finish along with another 6 of you!
                              And 56 of us have gone for the far more realistic bottom half.

Comment

I went for relegation. It's nailed on, after all.
                                Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                                Pawel Wszolek - 6
                                Luke Freeman - 6
                                Matt Smith - 6
                                Ebere Eze - 4
                                Joel Lynch - 3
                                Tomer Hemed - 3
                                Toni Leistner - 2
                                Massimo Luongo- 2
                                Angel Rangel - 2
                                Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2